What is the Best Place to Study Insurance?

sergio69

I'm new here in Miami, came from Cuba, insurance is one of my goals, there are many options where to get a course , I wonder what is the best place to get it ? or if the most important is to study the books and get a good score in the test, there is a state test that no matter where to study it?

thanks for your help:)

All you are doing is finding a prelicensing school and taking the course to learn how to pass the state exam. It doesn't matter really what school you go to. I'm sure some are better than others, but when it comes down to it, its is really you and the book and the sample test questions in order to pass the state test. Once you become licensed, you should look for a professional designation to earn. These are the letters that people put next to their names. The American College of Financial Services in PA is the most known for insurance designations. If you go work for a big insurance company they are going to require anyway that you earn a designation within 5 years to be able to stay with that company.

Just my two cents here, after you complete the pre licensing course, often people will tell others to go and take the test right away because the info is fresh in their minds. But I say hold off a week and do not take the test until you get a least a 85 on each module in the sample test software.

I'm new here in Miami, came from Cuba, insurance is one of my goals, there are many options where to get a course , I wonder what is the best place to get it ? or if the most important is to study the books and get a good score in the test, there is a state test that no matter where to study it?

thanks for your help:)

Try "Mike Russ"... I'm not sure if they offer insurance classes in your area but they have an amazing rep out here in California. I know they offer online insurance classes as well. Good luck!

These classes basically only teach you what you need to know to pass the state exam. The "tip of the iceberg", so to speak. Call the Florida DOI and find out where to buy the state sturdy manual. You'll need one anyway if you don't already have one. Everything you need to know about being a good, honest, and knowledgeable agent is in there. Good does not mean successful, however. To be successful you'll need to learn how to sell. This forum will help steer you into the right direction.

Back