What is the Best Way to Collect Referrals

tonyb2005

Expert
How do you collect referrals from seniors if you are selling final expense only??
IM talking about in the home please and thank you:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

How do you collect referrals from seniors if you are selling final expense only?? IM talking about in the home please and thank you:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

For the most part referrals are earned. It doesn't hurt to ask after the sale but it all depends if the client feels they know someone who is looking for coverage. Over time, referrals will trickle in.

How do you collect referrals from seniors if you are selling final expense only??
IM talking about in the home please and thank you:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Let people know at the end of your introduction when you initially meet with them but prior to when you begin your product presentation that you are compensated in one of two ways: first, if they buy a final expense plan with you as their agent, the insurance company will compensate you directly.

Ask them if this is ok. Get their acceptance.

Then let them know that....Second, and most importantly, the greatest way you are able to be compensated and to grow your business is if they find value in the work that you do is for them to introduce you favorably to other people who they feel may also find value in the work that you do.

Ask them if this is also ok. Get their acceptance.

Start your presentation.

After you have sold the policy and before you leave the home remind them again about how the greatest way you are able to be helped is through favorable introductions to their friends who might also find value in the work that you do.

Get out a piece of paper. Write the numbers 1,2,3,4,5.....Ask them for names of 5 friends....

I used to get a ton of referrals doing it this way when I met with people in their homes.

Getting referrals is a second sale in and of itself and must be treated that way.

Last edited:
Let people know at the end of your introduction when you initially meet with them but prior to when you begin your product presentation that you are compensated in one of two ways: first, if they buy a final expense plan with you as their agent, the insurance company will compensate you directly.

Ask them if this is ok. Get their acceptance.

Then let them know that....Second, and most importantly, the greatest way you are able to be compensated and to grow your business is if they find value in the work that you do is for them to introduce you favorably to other people who they feel may also find value in the work that you do.

Ask them if this is also ok. Get their acceptance.

Start your presentation.

After you have sold the policy and before you leave the home remind them again about how the greatest way you are able to be helped is through favorable introductions to their friends who might also find value in the work that you do.

Get out a piece of paper. Write the numbers 1,2,3,4,5.....Ask them for names of 5 friends....

I used to get a ton of referrals doing it this way when I met with people in their homes.

Getting referrals is a second sale in and of itself and must be treated that way.

OK, I'll bite. How may FE referrals have you gotten using that?

----------

You earn them. There is no other way. You will get advice from people on how to get them but those people have never sold FE for a living and never gotten referrals with the nonsense they will tell.

They will be desk jockeys without a clue.

From what I'm told I get far more referrals than the average FE agent. I have never once asked for a referral. I send thank you cards after the sale. I deliver policies. My clients call me for bank changes, bene changes, moves, etc.

I answer call or I return them if they leave a message.

If you want to lose a client just go in asking for 5 names of their friends and relatives and then call those people up saying who told you to call.:yes:

Let people know at the end of your introduction when you initially meet with them but prior to when you begin your product presentation that you are compensated in one of two ways: first, if they buy a final expense plan with you as their agent, the insurance company will compensate you directly. Ask them if this is ok. Get their acceptance. Then let them know that....Second, and most importantly, the greatest way you are able to be compensated and to grow your business is if they find value in the work that you do is for them to introduce you favorably to other people who they feel may also find value in the work that you do. Ask them if this is also ok. Get their acceptance. Start your presentation. After you have sold the policy and before you leave the home remind them again about how the greatest way you are able to be helped is through favorable introductions to their friends who might also find value in the work that you do. Get out a piece of paper. Write the numbers 1,2,3,4,5.....Ask them for names of 5 friends.... I used to get a ton of referrals doing it this way when I met with people in their homes. Getting referrals is a second sale in and of itself and must be treated that way.

I think this is a great idea. DTJD :-)

Back