What is the best way to convert an existing client base?

halis

Expert
I am hooked up with a local business that deals with financial information for their clients and I have the exclusive right to market insurance to their clients.

We are talking about personal lines auto and home, maybe a little life or health now and again.

Right now, I am trying lots of different things, but I wanted to ask if anyone else had any experience with this, and what worked for them?

I am hooked up with a local business that deals with financial information for their clients and I have the exclusive right to market insurance to their clients.

We are talking about personal lines auto and home, maybe a little life or health now and again.

Right now, I am trying lots of different things, but I wanted to ask if anyone else had any experience with this, and what worked for them?

Find a specific area that needs addressing and then focus on it.

Not being licensed to sell what I call the auto/bricks and mortor type of insurance I can't comment on the viability of trying to sell that to a company who deals with "financial information". BTY, what does that mean?

If they deal with small businesses, then business continuation/Buy-Sell/Survivourship/Term Insurance/ Group Life, Vision, Dental, Health would be posibiities.

Disability, Long Term Care might be others as well.

Locally I'm working with a few auto insurance offices.

They get clients who ask them if they sell life insurance.

Instead of sending them on their way with a "No we don't" answer, They're told that one of their life agents, moi, will call them.

The end result?

A sale and referrals for myself, the auto insurance people get known as being able to handle other odds and ends. They get a commission split, assuming that one of them is life licenced. If there's no licence, I can give them up to $100.00 in goodies as a way of saying thanks. (Goodies = gift certificates, vouchers, etc.)

I'm getting connections with Real Estate Realitors, Brokers, and with mortgage companies. I'm offering a low cost way for Mr/Mrs House Buyer to insure that their $595,000 assst is protected in case of death, disability, etc. Mr/Mrs House Buyer would also be able to insure that whomever is left standing over the grave with the flowers, or the party hat, would also have $$ to live off of as well.

You're agreement sounds interesting.

Perhaps if you provided more details about the company you'll be able to get far better and clearer advice than the codswallop that I'm writing now.

Back