What is the Ideal Situation?

bobdale1

Hi Guys
For the last two days, I have been reading the info avaialble on the forum to know how Insurance Agents think and act to acquire
new business. As I mentioned in my previous thread, we are professional appointment setters, have worked with vacation clubs and
resorts to set appointment.
I feel that we can do better job working you, the Insurance guys. What I realized after reading the messages that
a) people are not happy buying internet leads as these leads are not exclusive and have been sold to many other agents before you.
b) people who hired professional appointment setters to get exclusive leads, did not produce good Results/ROI.
My question is then what is the ideal situation for Insurance agent to utilize the services of professional setter:
Lets say we can call people from the list provided by the agent and setup 3-4 face-to-face quality appointment (less or more
depending on his desire) for the Agent. In this case,
What would you ike to pay?
On hourly basis? if so then how much?
On appointment setup? if so then how much?
On Actually meeting the prospect? if so then how much
On Maturing the deal? if so then how much?
We are very flexible and can work according to the Agent's requirements. We can even work as virtual assistant and help all the
way. I hope I am able to clear my point. My goal is to provide good service so I can build trust with prospect and retain them for
long time and I know this is only possible if I am benefiting the Agent by my services.
It seems easy to generate leads and sell to many but, then I dont see this as long term business. I want to work out a Win/Win
situation for both parties.

the ideal situation would be an appointment setter who personally walks a qualified and interested prospect through the front door! lol :D

Seriously though; Im not a big fan of the idea of having someone else set appointments for me.

Give me a high quality exclusive lead, with correct information on the client and their situation, that is expecting a phone call from me to schedule an appointment about a specific product or service.
-Pay per lead.
-No minimum orders over 5 or 10.
-Detailed info given verbally by the client pertaining to type of lead.
-Exclusive means exclusive, forever. No reselling names 30, 60, or 90 days later.
-I receive the lead the same day you do.
-Ability to set demographics, ages, and min investment amount/insurance amount
-No long term contracts. Ability to turn lead flow on and off as needed.
-Decent return policy for bad leads with false info.
-The lead knows my name, my company's name, and has given the best time of day to call.

For quality annuity or business leads you could charge from 30-50 per lead and receive lots of interest. For life leads 10-20 less. Health, dis, FE, med sup, etc. a bit less than life leads.

But you mentioned the agent providing the list. Most agents dont want to bother buying a list to give to some company. Plus you would need to take $20 off of those prices I mentioned if the agent provides the list. Any quality and talented marketing company should be able to produce high quality targeted lists themselves.

Far too many agents have been burned by appointment setting agencies and lead companies to be willing to invest more than a couple hundred with a new and unproven company...imo

And most all agents want to at least speak with a prospect before sitting down with them. So most would at least call to confirm a preset appointment. If I am going to call them anyway, why dont I just set the appointment initially?

All most agents need/want is a qualified and interested person to talk to who is not being hounded by 10 other agents.

No one that I have found can do this on a consistent basis....

the ideal situation would be an appointment setter who personally walks a qualified and interested prospect through the front door! lol :D

Seriously though; Im not a big fan of the idea of having someone else set appointments for me.

Give me a high quality exclusive lead, with correct information on the client and their situation, that is expecting a phone call from me to schedule an appointment about a specific product or service.
-Pay per lead.
-No minimum orders over 5 or 10.
-Detailed info given verbally by the client pertaining to type of lead.
-Exclusive means exclusive, forever. No reselling names 30, 60, or 90 days later.
-I receive the lead the same day you do.
-Ability to set demographics, ages, and min investment amount/insurance amount
-No long term contracts. Ability to turn lead flow on and off as needed.
-Decent return policy for bad leads with false info.
-The lead knows my name, my company's name, and has given the best time of day to call.

For quality annuity or business leads you could charge from 30-50 per lead and receive lots of interest. For life leads 10-20 less. Health, dis, FE, med sup, etc. a bit less than life leads.

But you mentioned the agent providing the list. Most agents dont want to bother buying a list to give to some company. Plus you would need to take $20 off of those prices I mentioned if the agent provides the list. Any quality and talented marketing company should be able to produce high quality targeted lists themselves.

Far too many agents have been burned by appointment setting agencies and lead companies to be willing to invest more than a couple hundred with a new and unproven company...imo

And most all agents want to at least speak with a prospect before sitting down with them. So most would at least call to confirm a preset appointment. If I am going to call them anyway, why dont I just set the appointment initially?

All most agents need/want is a qualified and interested person to talk to who is not being hounded by 10 other agents.

No one that I have found can do this on a consistent basis....

And I doubt anyone will be able to at those prices. The only way I make any real money on leads is by having my downline buy them at cost and I make my margins on the overrides. It costs far more to generate an exclusive lead that is worth working than an agent is willing to pay. I think that's the inherent dysfunction of the industry and there is no way around it.

When you figure out a way to generate a $50 exclusive lead and sell it for $10 you can count me in.

When you figure out a way to generate a $50 exclusive lead and sell it for $10 you can count me in.

Exactly! That's why I'm doing my health lead program the way I'm doing it. I can generate AWESOME health leads, but they cost way more than $10 and so I'm making my money on the overrides.

And I doubt anyone will be able to at those prices. The only way I make any real money on leads is by having my downline buy them at cost and I make my margins on the overrides. It costs far more to generate an exclusive lead that is worth working than an agent is willing to pay. I think that's the inherent dysfunction of the industry and there is no way around it.

So just out of curiosity, what is your cost for an exclusive lead that is worth working?

If you could produce high quality annuity leads that agents could get at least a 50% appointment ratio out of, there are agents that would gladly pay $90-$100 each, and they would be well worth it.

So just out of curiosity, what is your cost for an exclusive lead that is worth working?

If you could produce high quality annuity leads that agents could get at least a 50% appointment ratio out of, there are agents that would gladly pay $90-$100 each, and they would be well worth it.

When I bought one of my first marketing lists a wise and experienced friend of mine said "Think about it, if a company had the ability to generate hundreds of prospects for insurance, how much money could they make selling the leads themselves?"

The $90-$100 price range is more realistic, but at this point I'm usually keeping the leads in-house because selling the leads tends to be either more of a hassle than it's worth. Perfect example, I can generate solid group health leads for around $50 each without breaking a sweat. If I sold those to an agent I'd have to mark them up to make a profit and then if for some reason the agent couldn't work the lead or didn't think it was a good lead they'd come back on me. Flip that around and say I'm getting a 30% close rate on those leads, I'd only need $150 override off of the one sale to be effectively selling the leads at $50/each without having to listen to an agent bitch about my telemarketers this, the leads are garbage that, refund blah blah blah. To take it a step further, I'm licensed in close to a dozen states and have good contracts. For every dollar I put into giving an agent a lead I can usually get that plus another dollar or two (or more) if I'm keeping things organized well. That type of a situation creates less friction between me and the agents I'm working with and puts more money in my checking account. If you're really interested in having some telemarketing done then send me a message with your number and I'll try to give you a call sometime Monday.

Thank you for giving me the feedback. I appreciate that. The way, I will be offering is:
1. I as appointment setter will setup the appointment and will let you know the same day. I can use leads provided by the Agent or I can use my leads.

2. I will only charge if the agent actually see the prospect face-to-face.

3. I will also help the agent to reschedule the appointment if for any reason he is not able to see the prospect.

4. I will allow the Agent to reconfirm his appointment or even I can do this to confirm it few hours prior to the appointment.

My goal is to work with the Agent so he can have 2 appointments a day. One thing which I realize that if I charge on per appointment and if the lead quality is not good and Agent is not able to close at least 50%. I will not be in business with him.

As, I mentioned earlier, I have a team of professional appointment setters and I am confident that we can setup 2-3 appointments a day for the agent. And when I say, appointment, I mean that the prospect is waiting and knows who is comming and knows the company too.
And again, this is exclusive and I do not intend to sell this as lead again.
Please remember this, I am not in lead selling business, I am in appointment setting business so that the agent can go and see the person.
All I need to know that what should I charge for Life insurance appointments?

Thanks

Thank you for giving me the feedback. I appreciate that. The way, I will be offering is:
1. I as appointment setter will setup the appointment and will let you know the same day. I can use leads provided by the Agent or I can use my leads.

2. I will only charge if the agent actually see the prospect face-to-face.

3. I will also help the agent to reschedule the appointment if for any reason he is not able to see the prospect.

4. I will allow the Agent to reconfirm his appointment or even I can do this to confirm it few hours prior to the appointment.

My goal is to work with the Agent so he can have 2 appointments a day. One thing which I realize that if I charge on per appointment and if the lead quality is not good and Agent is not able to close at least 50%. I will not be in business with him.

As, I mentioned earlier, I have a team of professional appointment setters and I am confident that we can setup 2-3 appointments a day for the agent. And when I say, appointment, I mean that the prospect is waiting and knows who is comming and knows the company too.
And again, this is exclusive and I do not intend to sell this as lead again.
Please remember this, I am not in lead selling business, I am in appointment setting business so that the agent can go and see the person.
All I need to know that what should I charge for Life insurance appointments?

Thanks

What country are you from?

Back