What is the Most Productive Call to Action on Your Website?

Emery Park

Hi all, for those of you who have an active website generating leads for your business, I'd like to know what you find to be the most productive call to action on your website. What is it exactly that is motivating your visitors to click or call?

Is it a simple phone number and a "call us today!"?

Is it a form the visitor fills out requesting information?

Is it quotes the visitor is running off your quote engine?

Is it something you're giving away for free?

Or is it something else?

Thanks in advance for any contribution to this key component to the process of generating leads.

We've been testing out a large number of CTA's through our website. It's been difficult to get a good read on what quality of lead you get through different calls to action so far.

As far as quantity goes, incentive based has worked well. We have one offer where you get a coffee card for a quote request. We've tried incentives in the way of draw contests as well, but these don't work as well.

Hi all, for those of you who have an active website generating leads for your business, I'd like to know what you find to be the most productive call to action on your website. What is it exactly that is motivating your visitors to click or

I saw this very cool Wordpress plugin that touted incredible results so I decided to try it on my finalexpensebyphone.com site.

The results have blown me away.
I literally get five times more leads every day than I uses to. Granted, I had a very lame and modest call to action before. Now, there is an immediate grabbing of their eyeballs and they're sent to the quote request area.

I show this plug in on my new personal site:
Covert Action Bar Dramatically Increases resultsChristopher Westfall

Of course, you can only use this for one CTA, but for me that's enough.

The best call to action for your website can only be determined by doing some dedicated tests and measuring their results. In the context of your website, some may not work although they might have worked for other websites. Catchy call to actions like a big web 2.0 style button, images have been known to work. Freebies can drive lot of low quality traffic and may not give you end results.

Back