What Is The Purpose Of This Forum?

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
Yesterday I was speaking with an agent and we discussed this forum a bit and why it existed. I think we can all reasonably agree that it is not supposed to be a place for random spammers to come along and peddle their wares without contributing, but what is the purpose of this forum? Is it supposed to be a place to facilitate a free exchange of professional insight and expertise? Is it a social outlet for agens to talk shop with other agents? A breeding ground for new agents? Recruiting hub?

Thoughts? Opinions? Snide remarks?

Since when do you have to ask for snide remarks? LOL

It should be an exchange of information as well as opportunities, tools, leads, resources, blogs, etc.

Yesterday I was speaking with an agent and we discussed this forum a bit and why it existed. I think we can all reasonably agree that it is not supposed to be a place for random spammers to come along and peddle their wares without contributing, but what is the purpose of this forum? Is it supposed to be a place to facilitate a free exchange of professional insight and expertise? Is it a social outlet for agens to talk shop with other agents? A breeding ground for new agents? Recruiting hub?

Thoughts? Opinions? Snide remarks?

At times I feel that it is a bitch fest, spam fest, recruiting fest, place for the feeble minded to make themselves feel superior than others, etc. etc. etc.

But all in all I feel that it is a valuable resource for any agent, indy or captive.
From different aspects of professional insight, expertise, and ideas. To a social outlet/networking avenue to other professionals in the industry.

I for one have learned a great deal from this forum. I started as a lurker and finally joined and started participating last year. Product knowledge, changes to tax laws, sales and marketing ideas, solutions to problems with cases... all of these are something that I have taken from this forum. I have also had the chance to network a bit with other agents in my area and around the US.
Just talking to other agents and seeing what markets they work, what they are doing to work those markets, etc. helps your professional development.

Of course there is the BS that comes with just being on the net. But for the most part it is weeded out, or ignored. There is enough quality info and knowledgeable agents on here that its worth shifting through the occasional bs.... imo

Since when do you have to ask for snide remarks? LOL

It should be an exchange of information as well as opportunities, tools, leads, resources, blogs, etc.

No joke!

So, is it what you think it should be?

It's a lot of things at different times. Fun...Entertaining...Informative...Intrusive...Educational...Inspiring....

It just depends what thread you are reading.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That's weird. I typed "educational" and it separated the word.

Last edited:
These are the things I think we're all here for:
" a place to facilitate a free exchange of professional insight and expertise? (and a) social outlet for agents to talk shop with other agents?"

One-third indispensable resource for learning about the insurance industry, one-third social outlet, one-third excellent place to re-calibrate your BS meter.

I haven't quite figured it out yet myself but my girlfriend says I'm addicted to forums lol.

While I'm here, can anyone tell me the associations I can/should join. One ibelieve is iahii and the other is iaahi. I think there is two and I get them confused. I'm looking for health sales mainly and learning the products/biz. Can someone post a link for the two and which one to join?

Back