What is the secret formula for denying coverage.

RICHARD PHANEUF

I have had three parking accidents that have happened to me while parking downtown, The first was a student who backed into me while parking a uhaul. The second was a school bus backed into me while it tried to park on the street. The third was caused by a squirrel who decided to eat my electric wire. Because I have had 3 claims in six years, I have been denied insurance coverage.

Because I have had 3 claims in six years, I have been denied insurance coverage.

From an underwriting standpoint the insurance company may consider you accident prone even if they aren't your fault.

Denied by who? The insurance company that paid the claims? Other insurance companies with whom you applied? If so, how many? Do you still have insurance that is coming up on non-renewal or are you in a period of lapse?

There is no "secret formula". What does your MVR show? Is there only 1 car in your household? Many carriers will allow just so many claims and tickets on a single auto with a single driver. The squirrel should be a Comp loss and the other 2 look like Not At Fault so they shouldn't be on your MVR, unless you didn't file against the other carrier.

Back