What is up with Kemper...

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
  • Replaced a policy back in June (modified plan to a KSKJ Life Select... :skeptical: another flyby agent that is no longer with the company)
  • She sent in request for cash form, plus a notarized loss of policy statement beginning of July
  • They say they didn't get, so she just sent in another one
  • On our conference call the customer service agent seemed lost and confused... notes from previous calls we made but no paper work
  • Then she tells us once they get it in house... get this... it will take 3 weeks to process... WHAT!:skeptical:

I don't use these guys... don't plan on it any time soon...

Am I seeing the whole picture or can some one help me see this from a different angle...

Kemper is one of the most poorly run companies I have ever had the displeasure to work with. This does not surprise me.

They were also featured on an episode of 60 Minutes for being one of the worse companies in the nation to pay out death claims, and a handful of Attorney Generals sued them.

Kemper is one of the most poorly run companies I have ever had the displeasure to work with. This does not surprise me.

They were also featured on an episode of 60 Minutes for being one of the worse companies in the nation to pay out death claims, and a handful of Attorney Generals sued them.

Thanks...

I just might look that episode up the next time I find one of their customers... it's all
about educating the client toward a proper solution to their problem.

They lured me into selling the dental plan they had for a while. Then, they backed out of it. I had a devil of a time moving all the business back to 1st rate carriers.

After 3 vehicles insured for 2 decades, I had a real claim. A deer hit the car and they totaled it. Yet I had driven it away, with everything still functioning. They've now towed it away. This has been going on 11 weeks and I am no closer to settlement than I was in the beginning. The problem is they want to offer $3-4000 under the cost of replacement. I have a $500 deductible, not a $3000 one. To their credit, they have been unfailingly polite about screwing me, though they did offer once to lower their payment.

Back