What is Your Average Annual Life Insurance Premium Per Case?

depends on the clients and the need....now avg face I write is $500,000 to $5,000,000

depends on the clients and the need....now avg face I write is $500,000 to $5,000,000

Thanks for responding STIBROKER.

I'm trying to discover the average annual premium for all sales including term, permanent policies and all face amounts.

For example, if you write 100 policies per year, your average premium might be $1,500.

I spoke with a MGA and they mentioned that the average annual premium for all life insurance cases was $1,500.

Do you think $1,500 is high amount or about average for all agents writing life insurance only?

Thanks for responding STIBROKER.

I'm trying to discover the average annual premium for all sales including term, permanent policies and all face amounts.

For example, if you write 100 policies per year, your average premium might be $1,500.

I spoke with a MGA and they mentioned that the average annual premium for all life insurance cases was $1,500.

Do you think $1,500 is high amount or about average for all agents writing life insurance only?

When I was with NAA, they claimed their average monthly premium was $50. I was a little less than that. With EFES, they say their average monthly premium is $50. I'm a little higher than that.

With both groups I was a top 15 producer.

Yes......it is BS.....like I said....it all boils down to the client.....I just quoted a 37 male that just got issued allstate life for $500,000 and got their top rating at $80....I am rewriting him with Trans at $47 a month...2 months ago placed a $5,000,000 at $310 a month....and most I my clients are term....but as far as an average goes it really depends on you client base.....

This is really a question that seems deeply important, but is utterly meaningless.

There are some agents with a seven figure premium average. Others average less than 600 (50 a month). The real question is, what market are they going to teach you to work, and what their needs are and what they can afford.

This is really a question that seems deeply important, but is utterly meaningless.

There are some agents with a seven figure premium average. Others average less than 600 (50 a month). The real question is, what market are they going to teach you to work, and what their needs are and what they can afford.

Leads would be web-based from their websites. I'm wondering if the average premium would be lower online vs meeting people face to face. $1,500 average premium seems high for policies written from online leads.... but i could be completely wrong.

Leads would be web-based from their websites. I'm wondering if the average premium would be lower online vs meeting people face to face. $1,500 average premium seems high for policies written from online leads.... but i could be completely wrong.

I don't work online leads, but I would think so. My suspicion is that online leads mainly lead to term sales. 1,500 is a lot for a term policy unless it is good sized and/or on an older person.

I would guess the average premium for online lead sales is around $800-1,000. My average is somewhere between $0 and eleventy billion.

Last edited:

People who write big checks (business/estate planning and high premium permanent policies) don't go online to get their quotes.

Back