What is Your Own Family Enrolled In?

TwoLabs

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Last year I was on a PPO Bronze $6,000 deductible for my family and a HSA. Of course, BCBSTX has kicked to the curb all PPOs.

So now, for my family of 4, my options are:

1) BCBS HMO Bronze $6,000 deductible - $628 per month *Fun fact, zero of our doctors, including the girls pediatricians are in network*

2) UHC EPO HSA $6,500 deductible - $878 per month *All dr's are in network

So, I think I'm just going to stick with BCBS and save that $250 per month and just pay out of pocket to take our girls to the pediatrician that they like when they are sick. If they need immunizations, then we'll go to our PCP that I just selected but have no clue who they are.

It is shocking how many doctors in my area do not accept the only flavor of ice cream that healthcare.gov is selling. I've sat in front of several clients who are being pushed out of a PPO on to an HMO where zero out of 5-6 doctors are in network.

I have a feeling a lot of doctors are going to wake up when half of their clients stop coming after January 1st.

I have a pre-ACA UHC High Deductible limited copay (4 visits per year). We can keep them until 2017 unless Virginia extends them longer. Love not having my insurance attached to my taxes.

So, I think I'm just going to stick with BCBS and save that $250 per month and just pay out of pocket to take our girls to the pediatrician that they like when they are sick. If they need immunizations, then we'll go to our PCP that I just selected but have no clue who they are.

I have a feeling a lot of doctors are going to wake up when half of their clients stop coming after January 1st.

It's important to make sure your local Hospital is in the BCBS HMO network, in case someone becomes sick or injured at home.

Most patients are on Group plans, like Ann. Physicians (in general) won't lose a lot of patients due to health insurers restricting and/or eliminating the wide PPO network with Individually purchased plans.

I'm on my wife's group plan from her real job. Keeps life simple.... and much more affordable!

Dan

I own the only real ACA PPO plan in all of Arizona, the Humana Choice Care PPO HSA $6450 plan OFF exchange. Neither of our doctors in network, and was the cheapest plan that included the hospitals we need.

Too bad this will be the last year to own one of these relics (PPO).
I'm going to preserve my policy in it's original unsealed envelope.
May be worth money in the future.

What does this plan cost in texas?

BlueOptions $0 deduct $2k oop max plat for 15'

For 16' that's gonna be $565.58/mo LOL, aint no way Im paying that... the off-x silver HSA BlueOptions Essential (HSA) 1409 is $383, still too close to $400 mo ... Ripped BlueCare out of hillsborough...either blueselect or options or myblue ....Humana's Silver HSA is a good $100 mo cheaper.

Might try the shop network lol next

Last edited:
Back