What kind of customer is Whole Life good for?

MattHayek

Haven't fully jumped into class yet, but just doing some research. I'm hearing Term, Term, Term, but somebody has to be good for Whole Life and I'm wondering what situations would it be that Whole Life is better than term?

You do what is right for the client. You present Term, UL, and WL and let them decide after you have explained the 3 concepts. Generally a combination of 2 is a good package for the clien

WL is for people who will have a need for DB after age 60. Or for people who want/need tax-advantaged savings for later in life (dividend paying WL obviously).

Many agents make a good living selling former term clients WL or GUL these days. The cheapest option really is just that. An overwhelming percentage of people who bought just term early in life are now finding in their 50s and 60s they still need coverage... and term is no longer what they need... and they wish they bought a mix 20 years ago instead of just the option that was cheapest at the time. Term is vastly more expensive over the long run vs. dividend paying WL. And still more expensive vs. GUL if DB is needed past age 60.

Anyone pushing just 1 single product either has an agenda, a bias, or a gap in their insurance knowledge. And yes, entire organizations, offices, or companies can be like this.

Last edited:
Whole life is not just a need sale , it is also a want sale.
I want to maximize my retirement account payouts,I want to supplement retirement earning with some tax advantaged payouts.
I want to spend down my assets and leave a legacy to family members and charities.
You need permanent insurance to do this.

Back