What Leads Should I Buy?

apstanford53

Expert
Okay so ive tried posting this before but it may have been in the wronh place so idk. Anyways, i just recently came into the insurance industry and as of right now the only leads i have is a list 5k people that i cold call for mortgage protection, with little response. I habe been readinh online and on these forums, and it seems most successful agents are working different if not better types of leads. What type of leads should i buy? Which ones seems have the best ROI?any advice is very much appreciated. Im located in western NC, in a farmer and retiree area. Keep in mind i only have about $250 to spend on leads right now.

$250 won't even get you a 1000 piece Direct Mailing of which you would (or could) get back about 8-10 leads back. Either keep pounding the phone or the pavement until you sell a few things and have more lead money.
At this point, and I hate to say this, but you should be calling everyone you know---friends, family, old workmates, etc etc.
Also, you could call some P&C shops that don't have life licenses (you can check this via the State) and see if you can work a referral deal out or maybe they would let you call from their book (if you're competent).

$250 won't even get you a 1000 piece Direct Mailing of which you would (or could) get back about 8-10 leads back. Either keep pounding the phone or the pavement until you sell a few things and have more lead money.
At this point, and I hate to say this, but you should be calling everyone you know---friends, family, old workmates, etc etc.
Also, you could call some P&C shops that don't have life licenses (you can check this via the State) and see if you can work a referral deal out or maybe they would let you call from their book (if you're competent).

Thanks for the advice. Ive tried the whole calling friends and family thing i eneded up selling my wifes grandma a FE policy. Which in all honesty she did need. I havent even attempted to door knock, i dont really know what to say and all that. But as far as cold calls ive been doinh that with very little success. I think the main reason i havent been very successful is the time of day i call. I get on the phone around 11 to 2. Call about 200 people and talk to maybe 5 or 6.

Im very comfortable on the phone, however i am in major need of a script. Like a complete one lol. I have the intro and the middle pretty good but as far as getting them to commit to an appt. Not so good. Any suggestions?

Well maybe, i just cant find any good scripts online. Everyone of them is just an intro. But aas far as what im using right now i,ll paste it onto this thread.

Hey Mr./Mrs._____________?
Hey this is_____________ with the the mortgage protection center.
(pause)
Listen, I'm sorry to bother you, I know you're probably busy, but i was calling to see if you guys had a mortgage protection on your home?
If "yes"
Perfect! I'm really glad to hear that, not many people do. What company do you have your's with? _____________
Okay, well when's the last time your agent came out and did a policy review?____________
Oh... Well you're really supposed to have review at least once a year, because there are more products and better policies that come out each year that might be better for you. Tell you what, when would be a good time to have an agent come out and do your review for you?
If "no"
Oh no..., well mortgage protection is a policy that will actually pay your monthly mortgage payments for you, if you get sick or injured and cant work. It will even pay off your entire mortgage for you when you die. And if you dont use it you can get every penny you paid back.

What would happen if something like this happened to your family?___________
(Agree and sympathize)
Well when would be a good time to have an agent come out and help you with a policy?
The close
Okay so what time would be best for you? Great so i have the appointment at ________ o'clock on __________. Right?
Perfect, well we have your address at_______________ is that correct? Alright great, well our top agent Aaron Stanford
Will see you on _______ at______ o'clock
Thank you, and have a great day!

Search the forum and you will find lots of scripts to help you.

Also, you could buy Aged Leads for less money. http://agedleadstore.com/ is a good place for that among a few others you can find on the Forum.

There are good aged lead scripts to be found here as well----just use the "search" function located center top of the page.

I've used them successfully but don't have any ratios figured out. I think with limited funds, you can get a lot of bang for your buck buying aged leads.

Insuranceleads.com has been "ok" for me. No sales yet, but at least they mostly appear real so far. Just started with them and buying very few so too small of a sample size.

HBW Leads has not been a good experience, but I think it was a mistake on their part rather than intentional lack of deference . I stopped them mid-delivery and haven't decided what I want to do yet. I've talked to them about it and believe they seem reasonable.

homeownersadvance.com in my opinion appears to be incredibly incompetent, or I suspect possibly a fraudulent operation based on my experience. 100% of the leads have been worthless wastes of time. The numbers I called were wrong numbers, dead (as in the person they say they spoke with on the phone first was actually dead for months), or had no idea why I called and had no interest. Truly a miserable experience for me.

I will start using quote wizard soon and will report back how that goes.

Latest posts

Back