What Leads Should I Buy?

Okay so ive tried posting this before but it may have been in the wronh place so idk. Anyways, i just recently came into the insurance industry and as of right now the only leads i have is a list 5k people that i cold call for mortgage protection, with little response. I habe been readinh online and on these forums, and it seems most successful agents are working different if not better types of leads. What type of leads should i buy? Which ones seems have the best ROI?any advice is very much appreciated. Im located in western NC, in a farmer and retiree area. Keep in mind i only have about $250 to spend on leads right now.

Aww screw it, Ill take your money and get you anywhere from 18 to 30 leads...deal? Here is the rub, you have to call me first so I can walk you through what to say to them once you call them, I dont want you to waste your money. I can also send you a detailed script on how to work these leads and what not to say and what not to do. Reach out anytime.

For 250.00 I can get you about 25 to 30 leads. Not aged leads. Live telemarketer leads. But I think you need some training and guidance before you spend the 250

TOTALLY AGREE WITH HIS COMMENTS. Maybe you should be selling straight Home and Auto and use your mortgage insurance as a bolt on feature. Your script is way to long and has a bunch of other issues.

With regards to buying leads. As another poster, I also use insurancesleads.com / allwebleads.com. I spent $1000 this month and have sold 36 policies. I will make about $3,500.00 in commission. So the ROi is decent but I have to really work these leads non-stop. They don't close right away. Just today I closed on a home with 4 autos that I quoted November 4th. I've called her once a week since that first quote. I only share that example to point out you gotta work each of those leads til they tell you to stop calling.

One thing I don't like about allwebleads.com is they sell those leads to call centers also. I've heard hometown leads.com only sells to a max of 2 independent agents and 2 captive offices in your area. So maybe look into them. You can message me if you have further questions. Also if you get a bigger budget ive heard and plan to try out the services that datalot.com. Check them out. Good luck!!

For 250.00 I can get you about 25 to 30 leads. Not aged leads. Live telemarketer leads. But I think you need some training and guidance before you spend the 250

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS ADVICE...
Maybe you should be selling home and auto policies and use your "mortgage protection" as a bolt on to the HO polices you are able to sell (just a thought).

With regards to buying leads. As another poster, I also use insurancesleads.com / allwebleads.com. I spent $1000 this month and have sold 36 policies. I will make about $3,500.00 in commission. So the ROi is decent but I have to really work these leads non-stop. They don't close right away. Just today I closed on a home with 4 autos that I quoted November 4th. I've called her once a week since that first quote. I only share that example to point out you gotta work each of those leads until they tell you to stop calling. They requested the quote, so dont stop trying.

One thing I don't like about allwebleads.com is they sell those leads to call centers all across the country, in addition to 3-4 agents in my area. I've heard hometownleads.com only sells to a max of 2 independent agents and 2 captive offices in your area. So maybe look into them (I am considering the switch in January). I know there are those that say buying leads is a waste, but it works for me and I don't love cold calling. You may also consider using that $250 to pay a part time cold caller. You can message me if you have further questions about allwebleads.com. Also if you get a bigger budget ive heard and plan to try out the services that datalot.com. Check them out. Good luck!!

I'm also buying from InsuranceLeads.com with some success. They are usually pretty slow to refund but they do a pretty good job at it.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS ADVICE...
Maybe you should be selling home and auto policies and use your "mortgage protection" as a bolt on to the HO polices you are able to sell (just a thought).

With regards to buying leads. As another poster, I also use insurancesleads.com / allwebleads.com. I spent $1000 this month and have sold 36 policies. I will make about $3,500.00 in commission. So the ROi is decent but I have to really work these leads non-stop. They don't close right away. Just today I closed on a home with 4 autos that I quoted November 4th. I've called her once a week since that first quote. I only share that example to point out you gotta work each of those leads until they tell you to stop calling. They requested the quote, so dont stop trying.

One thing I don't like about allwebleads.com is they sell those leads to call centers all across the country, in addition to 3-4 agents in my area. I've heard hometownleads.com only sells to a max of 2 independent agents and 2 captive offices in your area. So maybe look into them (I am considering the switch in January). I know there are those that say buying leads is a waste, but it works for me and I don't love cold calling. You may also consider using that $250 to pay a part time cold caller. You can message me if you have further questions about allwebleads.com. Also if you get a bigger budget ive heard and plan to try out the services that datalot.com. Check them out. Good luck!!

I also buy from InsuranceLeads.com. Are you only purchasing Home leads?

Are you using a script when calling them? If I was able to get 36 policies for every $1000 spent I would be in really good shape.

I would like to hear more ljneal about how you work the internet leads. If I could spend $1000 and get 36 policies out of them I would be more than happy.

Can you tell us about the script that you use. Also how your follow up process is like.

I also use insurancesleads.com / allwebleads.com. I spent $1000 this month and have sold 36 policies. I will make about $3,500.00 in commission.
I would also be very interested to know how you sold 36 policies out of $1000.

With insuranceleads.com, that comes out to 36 sold out of 70-140 P&C leads (depending on quality, ie preferred, young driver, etc).

I also use insurancesleads.com / allwebleads.com. I spent $1000 this month and have sold 36 policies. I will make about $3,500.00 in commission.
I would also be very interested to know how you sold 36 policies out of $1000.

With insuranceleads.com, that comes out to 36 sold out of 70-140 P&C leads (depending on quality, ie preferred, young driver, etc).

I did say "policies" so I should have been more clear about the fact that I did not close 36 leads... only policies. So there where several that wanted just a auto quote and I ended up selling them a home policy also.

allwebleads.com is kinda tricky (im only in my 3rd month with them). I have had to really babysit the leads I get, it can get frustrating because of there "system".

Just today I switched to "live transfer" leads. I figured I was spending about $15 per lead and that lead was going out to 6-7 other agents. Dont believe their BS about it only going to 2-3 reps, because they send it to people all over the country. I have examples if you want from talking to these leads... anyway for $24 they will transfer a live person to me and I am the only one getting the lead. I am going to try this for the rest of the month and see which method yields the best results.

Just today I switched to "live transfer" leads. I figured I was spending about $15 per lead and that lead was going out to 6-7 other agents. Dont believe their BS about it only going to 2-3 reps, because they send it to people all over the country. I have examples if you want from talking to these leads... anyway for $24 they will transfer a live person to me and I am the only one getting the lead. I am going to try this for the rest of the month and see which method yields the best results.

I've been using them also and have received a total of one live transfer. It didn't sell, but at least I can say it was a real lead. I'll be very interested to find out how they work out for you.

I have found the commercial leads so far (small sample size) to be worthwhile too. There just isn't very many of them.

----------

The direction I'm taking is to build forms on my site to capture people's information and create my own leads.

Back