What Not to Do in Sales Meeting!

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
Don't tell the bald owner that you will be out of his hair shortly!

Don't talk about betting on football games when the owner is a member of gamblers anonymous!

Never say you really like George Bush to a liberal owner!

Go ahead and fire away!

Create an "example" of a claim payment, and pick a colonoscopy as the example. Yes, I did that once, and I never did get the laughter stopped when I changed that to an MRI.

Never tell the son of the Owner of the Company that the reason the group life rates are high is because his father is old and won't live much longer (had a rep I brought with me come up with that gem).

emptyeternity said:
Make a gross face when they pick a booger and flick it...

I personally try and avoid crop dusting my prospects during business meeting once....I swear I was doing training for a new agent with Bankers (I know let's not go there) and the guy I was training was in his 50s while I was in my 20s and I did not think I had to tell him don't friggen tart during the meeting...First meeting he does it and I and the prospect are looking at him like wTF...I mentioned it to him and suggest the next time ask to use thier bathroom...Second appointment and he does it again. I swear I got out to the car and I told him he is about 25 miles from his car and we are going to be getting further away if he did it at the next appointment he was walking to his car.

Also don't pat a fat woman's stomache and say I see you have a bun in the oven.

Do not say to the couple's son and friend when they walk into the room "how are you boys doing" as I did only to be coldly told by he couple's son that "this is my girlfriend". Honestly, I idnt know the difference.

Last edited:
Don't do as one agent I was working with and tell a lady prospect," that sure is a beautiful little granddaughter you have "only to be told with an icy stare, "That is my daughter"!:embarrassed:

When you're independent NEVER bring a carrier rep with you, EVER! In th minds of the owners, you now "work for that company", not theirs, which can be a bad things. In all my years, I've never kept a group at the next renewal when I have brought a rep in with me.

Back