What % of Your Follow-up is Email

wildcat

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
No. Cal.
Whether the prospect is an internet lead, cold call, referral or direct mail. Do you find yourself sending more emails than calls or mail?

I have been calling more often lately, and am wondering if I should balance my system a bit more. Even mix in a few letters or post cards.

I've been getting so many vioice mails, probably the dreaded caller ID.

What's working for you guys?

A lot depends on the type of lead.

If it is a referral that calls...I will not email unless they ask. If it is a referral that emails, I will not call unless they ask.

If it is a purchased lead, I will do both. If it is a visitor to the website, I will email and not call, although that may change.

If Bob Vineyard or Joe Stephens call, I drop whatever I am doing and call AND email!

For Leads it depends on how old the lead is....I enter the prospect into my autoresponder after my first attempt to reach them by phone...During the first week they are getting emails evey other day while I am normally calling every day after a week goes by the phone efforts decrease and email increases...

Once I write the policy and I am attempting to get answers for the underwriters I much prefer email over calling and most of my clients like it as well.

I do both.

I will email if I have already talked to the prospect and then follow up with a phone call.

If I am unable to speak with them then I well the chance of closing are almost zero. At that point I will send out a last ditch effort email on why they should use me. This techniques has had some success.

We generally mix the way we follow up leads, common practise is to phone, then email and from time to time send a sms text to remind the applicant!

Someone mentioned texting (maybe you) in another thread. Does that really work?

Personally, I find spam text msgs to be a PITA and just delete them.

Maybe that is because I am an old fart and don't like text msgs any way.

We have had mixed success with texting applicants. It seems to work whole lot better with the younger generations. It was something we implemented a while back as an alternative option to leaving voicemail or sending letter via post which is more expensive and obviously takes longer.

After you set an appointment with a new pospect do you remind them before hand or just consider it firmed up and go? If so do you send a reminder letter or phone call, I'm hesitant to call as a reminder because I feel like it gives them an opportunity to cancel or "reschedule".

Back