What Percentage of DM Leads Get Set for Appointments?

PaulieD

Super Genius
I have an appointment setter for DM leads and I am only getting 30-35% (6-7 appts) of the 20 leads I receive weekly set for appts. I am in New England and my appointment setter is in Georgia, the strong southern accent could be a factor?

What is a good percentage of set appts from DM leads?

I was told it would be 50-60% but it has not been anywhere near that.

Does anyone know a good setter that has set appts in New England?

Why do you need an appointment setter for 20 leads? I would think you should get 10 to 12 appointments from 20 leads. Of course you will still have a few no shows. How many sales are you getting from those 7 appointments? 20 leads should result in at least 4 sales, maybe more.

I have an appointment setter for DM leads and I am only getting 30-35% (6-7 appts) of the 20 leads I receive weekly set for appts. I am in New England and my appointment setter is in Georgia, the strong southern accent could be a factor?

Most agents that get good at setting appointments can set 60% or so. Some areas are harder to set appointments in than other areas. I know here in the south, it is easy to get 70% or more set. For a setter, I would expect to see 50% or higher no matter what area I was working. If I couldn't set 50% or more (or my setter set 50% or more) I would just door knock them instead.

Also one thing you have to take into consideration is how many don't have phone numbers. If you send her 20 leads and get 10 appointments, that is 50%, but if 10 of them didn't have phone numbers, she set 100%! Make sense?

I don't know of a setter that is local to your area to help.

Hey Paulie.

You are in a tough area just like myself (Southern California). If I had an appointment setter set 6-7 appointments off of 20 of leads I would be VERY happy.

My last appointment setter I had set me 8 appointments out of 35 leads. 4 were no shows. For those reasons I only used him for one week. Since then I have decided to set my own appointments & set about 10-12 a week. & that's me dialing for 5-7 hours non stop. It's a grind.

Out of 20 leads (used to get 25) generally 18 have phone numbers.

25% no shows and many say they never said yes to appt??!

I don't fully understand your wording here. I started and am still door knocking what does not get set. I had to before my lead count got high enough.

I am a believer in door knocking and it is necessary at this point to make up for the huge gap in leads/appts.

If you set you own appointments you can usually average around 60%. If you use an appointment setter it's a wild card. Many setters just cherry pick the leads of multiple agents and set the lay downs. If you take the time to train your own appointment setter yourself you can develop a great one but even the good ones often burn out after a while. So it never ends.

But at 20 leads you do need to question why you are using an appointment setter. Proper answer is that you are swamped busy. Wrong answer is you just don't like to call them yourself.

Yeah Paulie I would never recommend using a setter for 20 leads. My setter averages 40%.

People are mean where you're from too haha! That could be part of the problem.

Have you always had a setter? You were killing it with 25 leads a week. Then you dropped to 20 and hired a setter??

Normally you would need to go the other direction. Up it to 30-40 leads a week and hire a setter.

I know Tommy can get 12-15 appts off of 25 leads in northern VA with his setter, but honestly that's rare.

I started in my first month in FE with 13,000 in sales and with 25 leads a week primarily door knocking. I had a setter in the first month too but didn't get up to 25 leads for awhile.
I am using Tommy's and he is having the same problem currently.

The people here can be brutal @ HoosierLife...lol

This second month has been much worse and the appts have plummeted so I have cut back on costs by lowering the lead amount to what I could thoroughly door knock days and evenings. With 25 leads I was having a hard time geting to everyone. I believe a lead is live until you get an actual NO.

I have been door knocking and am on my way to do the same today. This is the only thing that has saved me thusfar.

Last edited:
Back