What Percentage of DM Leads Get Set for Appointments?

Thank you. I am in illinois, if there is anyone on here that can assist me in getting started in FE don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks

I'm partial to FEX. You can check them out at fexcontracting.com.

But you really can't go wrong with any of the FE IMO's that post here.

The ones here all offer releases so you are not stuck if it's a bad fit.

MOST Seniors dont answer numbers they dont know. And many more will set an appt and "OLDTIMERS" sets in and they forget anyway.

People on here get violent about this but---Door knocking just blows all that away. There IS no pitch---they open the door and I say Do you remember this? and hand them the card. They CANT say they didnt send it in.

You get immediate wheat to chaff. And gets you out of the office. Get a coffee, Agents dont enjoy themselves enough!

MOST Seniors dont answer numbers they dont know. And many more will set an appt and "OLDTIMERS" sets in and they forget anyway.

People on here get violent about this but---Door knocking just blows all that away. There IS no pitch---they open the door and I say Do you remember this? and hand them the card. They CANT say they didnt send it in.

You get immediate wheat to chaff. And gets you out of the office. Get a coffee, Agents dont enjoy themselves enough!

"Oldtimers"? That explains it. As I stare down the barrel of the age of fifty, I've noticed some "oldtimers" of my own cropping up lately.:eek:

They can say they didn't send it in. I had a guy yesterday say it was a woman's handwriting, so he called all three of his daughters trying to find out who sent it in. One didn't answer. At least he didn't call all five of his sons.

They can say they didn't send it in. I had a guy yesterday say it was a woman's handwriting, so he called all three of his daughters trying to find out who sent it in. One didn't answer. At least he didn't call all five of his sons.

that's why you don't say YOUR handwriting. Never make about something THEY did. The worst approach is to literally walk up to the door and tell someone they did something, especially old people that can't remember.

Not necessarily saying you did this, just trying to help folks avoid things at the door.

"Oldtimers"? That explains it. As I stare down the barrel of the age of fifty, I've noticed some "oldtimers" of my own cropping up lately.:eek:

FIFTY?? Dude I have SOCKS older than that!

----------

Not necessarily saying you did this, just trying to help folks avoid things at the door.[/QUOTE]

Nah never do that. they look at me like WHAT THE?? I hand them the card and say--'Do you remember sending this in last week?

1. OH YEAH COME ON IN!!

2. Yeah I need to get working on this -I motion to a SMALL MANILA FOLDER and say "Well I brought the information you need--do you have a minute?" and put my hand on the outer door

3. Whats this about? "SMALL laugh--You tell me!--I know why we sent it OUT but I DONT know why you sent it IN!!! I assume you wanted to get information on covering final expenses?"

4. THEY WERE SPOSED TO MAIL SOMETHING! I look it over and say "no it doesnt say that--and without some explanation and your age and health anything we SEND is not going to tell you anything. I have the information here" etc

No monitoring calls, no avoiding calls, no forgotten "appts" that never existed in the first place. If youre only getting 20 leads you DONT need a Marketer and IMHO you shouldnt be attempting to set appts.

btw--all the same applies to Med Supps--all the same silly crap---even the upper income Seniors wont answer a number they dont know!

FIFTY?? Dude I have SOCKS older than that!

----------

Not necessarily saying you did this, just trying to help folks avoid things at the door.

Nah never do that. they look at me like WHAT THE?? I hand them the card and say--'Do you remember sending this in last week?

1. OH YEAH COME ON IN!!

2. Yeah I need to get working on this -I motion to a SMALL MANILA FOLDER and say "Well I brought the information you need--do you have a minute?" and put my hand on the outer door

3. Whats this about? "SMALL laugh--You tell me!--I know why we sent it OUT but I DONT know why you sent it IN!!! I assume you wanted to get information on covering final expenses?"

4. THEY WERE SPOSED TO MAIL SOMETHING! I look it over and say "no it doesnt say that--and without some explanation and your age and health anything we SEND is not going to tell you anything. I have the information here" etc

No monitoring calls, no avoiding calls, no forgotten "appts" that never existed in the first place. If youre only getting 20 leads you DONT need a Marketer and IMHO you shouldnt be attempting to set appts.

btw--all the same applies to Med Supps--all the same silly crap---even the upper income Seniors wont answer a number they dont know![/QUOTE]

That may work for you? But I say it's terrible advice.

DK'ing is very inefficient. The very best FE agents at the top FE IMO's set appointments. No matter if they get 15, 20, 25 or more leads per week.

Of course most of them DK sometimes because not all leads have phone numbers or sometimes it's the wrong number.

Over the years I've seen many make the argument that you make about setting appointments. It's easy to default to DK'ing when you don't have skills to set appointments.

I remember one guy coming to FEX and saying his area was just different. People didn't answer the phone, they forgot about the card, etc. After a year of training with Travis and learning to set appointments all those objections went away. He now sets appointments in that same "bad area" is is one of the top agents with FEX today.

That doesn't happen with most that complain about appointment setting. Most are out of the business in a year. Same as if they just DK'ed them.

As for not answering the phone, I'm in my 14th year of setting appointments. Used the same phone number the whole time. People answer the phone.

And later this morning there will be agents from all over the country posting on our groupme chat they have a full day of appointments set for Monday. That's agents in Mass., Pa., In, Ky, Ca, Tx, Ark, Fl, Al, Az, Wi, Oh, etc.

Happens every Sat so I know it will today. People are answering the phones there too. Most all of them are using RGI leads although a few are using other lead sources.

FEX did have one guy that was doing very well as a DK'er. He was trying to learn to set appointments but he's gone now. I don't know what happened to him or if he's even still in the business. He would admit that the reason he DK'ed was because he was scared of the phone.

Your attitude toward your target market will show through to most. You will never know how many sales it cost you.

Your attitude toward your target market will show through to most. You will never know how many sales it cost you.

Ok thanks---not at all sure what you're trying to tell me

----------

FEX did have one guy that was doing very well as a DK'er. He was trying to learn to set appointments but he's gone now. I don't know what happened to him or if he's even still in the business. He would admit that the reason he DK'ed was because he was scared of the phone.[/QUOTE]
=========================
Again--its what works for YOU. I read other agents posts and I find that

* My Clients dont act in ANY way similar to theirs
* My prospects dont act in ANY way similar to theirs
* My carriers dont act ANY way similar to theirs
* My leads dont respond any way similar to theirs.

I wasnt giving advice I was saying if he is only getting 20 leads--DK them. Its FAR FAR FAR more difficult to say NO to a friendly smiling face that YOU sent for!

Personally unless they just are never home when Im there I think calling is just
like putting $20 in a slot machine

Back