What the Hell is Wrong with Aetna?

This is a heads up to other Aetna Medicare agents on the Gulf Coast who had members on 2015 plans that Aetna has moved to the Coventry platform without a new enrollment.

There is a really good chance you will not get paid commissions without raising holy hell-20 of my members have dropped off the face of the earth on my book and the local rep, who asked me for the list of members that all of a sudden showed up as Terminated on the Aetna book even though their plan had NOT been teriminated. then assured me in November that this would not happen, is now playing the 'I didn't know about this problem in November' card, that is never a good sign.

Aetna/Coventry broker services is closed today, they will be getting a call from me early tomorrow about this. I only found this out because my monthly Aetna Medicare statement is available today and only includes two renewing members, both on the PPO plan, not the HMO

Is it possible that since they changed the platform and technically moved them to a new plan they are considering them "new" enrollments and are being paid that way instead of as renewals?

Just a stab in the dark.

Of course, they would have shown up on the prior statement as paying the full year commission if that were the case.

Is it possible that since they changed the platform and technically moved them to a new plan they are considering them "new" enrollments and are being paid that way instead of as renewals?

Just a stab in the dark.

Of course, they would have shown up on the prior statement as paying the full year commission if that were the case.

Nope, I was already paid for a bunch of clients in another county whose plan was actually termed by Aetna and moved to Coventry.
---------------------------------------------
Update: Aetna/Coventry has finally realized (yesterday) they have a problem in their system-my clients are all attached to me but in an 'error' state (along with many other agents books of business) and they are working to correct it. Until then, no commissions are going to be processed for those members.

Last edited:
Back