What Title Do You Use?

If you were an insurance agent, would you ever brand yourself as a Financial Professional?

Nope, if I were an insurance agent, I wouldn't call my self a Financial Professional...if I was a Financial Planner I might.

Hey wait a minute, I am an insurance agent, so I'll go by Professional Independent Insurance Agent.:)

If you were an insurance agent, would you ever brand yourself as a Financial Professional?

The title I now use, is simple: "Safe Money Insurance and Investments". I settled on that one after listening to a presentation by Rich Wesselt. The title he uses on his cards is simply "Insurance and Investments" and he does about 1,000 pieces of business per year.

My business name is (essentially): "DHK Insurance and Financial Solutions".

I am a financial professional. Insurance is a solution for financial problems.

are you a CFP? 6-65 or 7, or a Registered Broker? Insurance is not an investment in my mind, I have no idea who Rich Wesselt is

are you a CFP? 6-65 or 7, or a Registered Broker? Insurance is not an investment in my mind, I have no idea who Rich Wesselt is

Annuities are investments that are not securities. A clear distinction must be made and maintained.

I have a ChFC designation. I used to have a 7/66, but no longer.

Rich Wesselt is one of the top insurance agents with Ohio National. That's why I put the link to the video in my post. Of course, it won't show up if you're using the forum app.

Annuities are investments that are not securities. A clear distinction must be made and maintained.

I have a ChFC designation. I used to have a 7/66, but no longer.

Rich Wesselt is one of the top insurance agents with Ohio National. That's why I put the link to the video in my post. Of course, it won't show up if you're using the forum app.

so if your an Insurance agent only are you allowed to move someone's 401k,Ira, investment account into a Fixed index annuity?

Yes I can.

I cannot give any portfolio allocation advice - whether to sell, buy, hold, or any analysis (or judgment) of their holdings. So, suppose they only want to move half of their 401k into a FIA, and then ask me which they should sell to fund the FIA. I can't give advice in that way.

I am only presenting the FIA as an alternative to investing in securities.

----------

One nice thing about the DOL ruling is that it can help to clarify the difference between education and advice regarding investments & securities, thereby reducing the "source of funds" claims that have been around for the past few years.

Yes I can.

I cannot give any portfolio allocation advice - whether to sell, buy, hold, or any analysis (or judgment) of their holdings. So, suppose they only want to move half of their 401k into a FIA, and then ask me which they should sell to fund the FIA. I can't give advice in that way.

I am only presenting the FIA as an alternative to investing in securities.

----------

One nice thing about the DOL ruling is that it can help to clarify the difference between education and advice regarding investments & securities, thereby reducing the "source of funds" claims that have been around for the past few years.

ok thanks.......................

Back