What to ask in an interview

B

Blane

Hey guys,
I have an interview tomorrow with a woman who runs her own independent agency, she is seeking a newbie to train.
She has been in business for 10+ years.
What types of questions should I ask her?
I'd be doing this part time, so I'd still be able to work my other job to bring home steady income.
Any advice would be very welcomed.
I would have done a search on this site for possible answers, but I just got called in to work, and I won't have time, so I thought I'd throw it out there to anyone who might have some suggestions.
FYI: I only have Life and Health currently. I'm not too sure what she specializes in. We spoke on the phone a few times, and she seems eager to give me a chance at this.
Thanks in advance!
Barry

Hey guys,
I have an interview tomorrow with a woman who runs her own independent agency, she is seeking a newbie to train.
She has been in business for 10+ years.
What types of questions should I ask her?
I'd be doing this part time, so I'd still be able to work my other job to bring home steady income.
Any advice would be very welcomed.
I would have done a search on this site for possible answers, but I just got called in to work, and I won't have time, so I thought I'd throw it out there to anyone who might have some suggestions.
FYI: I only have Life and Health currently. I'm not too sure what she specializes in. We spoke on the phone a few times, and she seems eager to give me a chance at this.
Thanks in advance!
Barry

Start here

So you're going on an interview? Questions to ask - Insurance Agent Forum

Those are the best questions you can ask. Remember to watch what they do. I went to one of those mass interviews, after the pitch sent me to talk to a supervisor, just skimmed my resume and asked me if I was ever shot by a gun, said no, was hired...did not accept....wonder why?

I would also want to know which companies you will be representing and what your commission will be when you sell a policy for each of the companies.

Once you have that information make an attempt to find out what the "street commission" is for agents who license direct with the company. If you do not "own your book of business" (it is very doubtful that you will) and all policies you write are in the agency name the commission you earn will probably be a lot less than the "street commission".

Compare the reduced commission to the benefits you are told you will receive. At that point decide if the reduced commission is worth the additional benefits you are being told you will receive. The operative word being "told".

There are the three basic lies that we are all familiar with. There needs to be a fourth one added, "I will give you training and leads."

Back