What to do with ought Medicare number

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I have a client who has an Aetna MAPD with me from before she had received a new Medicare number

She called me because some face to face person switched her to another plan but she wants her plan back,

However, when I went to do the policy, She said she does not have the new medical card she had not used it so she does not keep track of it

And the other agent was able to enroll her without it, I also know from my portable she shows are disenrolled in my plan as of -01/01 so the other agent had successfully enrolled her

My upline swears you cannot enroll without a medicare number, The client swears the other agent did so, ANd Social security swears they will not give new number except by mail which will be too late

Someone has to be wrong somewhere

I am about to put it in was a bad number for it to pend hopefully enough time to get a new number in the mail

Unless someone can chime in to what to do how did this other agent sign her up or is there a way for her to get the number faster??

I’ve done at least 25 times this aep . Many people had old cards or no cards . As Amg said any company with the info can do it .I ran into 2 people that didn’t know their ss # . I had to walk .

If you have her full name, DOB, and social, any carrier broker support department can look her Medicare number up within minutes.

I do this routinely. The carrier will ask for name, SSN, DOB and address. I did a MedSupp app once by just putting in the SSN since applicant did not yet have A/B, but in the process of getting it.

One other option is 1-800-Medicare. Say, "I need my Medicare number." Hold time last week was about 20 mins, not as bad as one would think. 1st person to answer will send new card, then transfer to a "level 2 rep" who WILL give the med number over the phone.

I have the applicant do this then call be back to do the app.

Had a client yesterday who only had her old Medicare card . United answered the phone in 30 seconds . Had the # in 2 mins. Curiously Humana agent support has been closed on. Sundays all aep . Last yr they were open 7 days a week . United has the ability to give you the # in 15 seconds were Humana puts you on hold for 2-4 mins as they check.

If you have her full name, DOB, and social, any carrier broker support department can look her Medicare number up within minutes.

OK great will do

Wouldnt think they would do that when medicare or SS wont even do that for the client without mailing it in a 30 day window

Either way I had heard this from another agent,too and calling today

All good to know. I did run across one here in MI who lost her number. Didn't know you could get it any other way than through Medicare. I had client call Medicare, with me sitting there, and it went like sshafran said. It only took about 5 minutes.

Back