What Traditional Life Carriers Do Not Require E&O?

I think they assume most people will have it already. Does anyone use Jackson as their primary carrier? I always thought of Jackson as a life agent's annuity company. With their FIAs and VAs, most people already have a relationship with a company that forces them to carry E&O.
I remember a regular here saying he still did a decent amount of Jackson life business.

It's that they want to stick their toe in the water and make sure they can make money before they spend a dime. They come in with a "prove it to me" attitude on making money.

That's the person who need E&O the most... Last I checked, the going rate for a defense attorney was about $300/hour... hmmmm... $45/month versus $300/hour...

I think they assume most people will have it already. Does anyone use Jackson as their primary carrier? I always thought of Jackson as a life agent's annuity company. With their FIAs and VAs, most people already have a relationship with a company that forces them to carry E&O.

Years ago I used them a lot for life. They had some nice WL and were a term player. Not so much now. The life side is the ugly step child. I still do a number of conversion with them every year. There is still a lot of their term out there. They also took a rate increase on some of the old non guaranteed plans.

Years ago I used them a lot for life. They had some nice WL and were a term player. Not so much now. The life side is the ugly step child. I still do a number of conversion with them every year. There is still a lot of their term out there. They also took a rate increase on some of the old non guaranteed plans.

The key words being, years ago. People don't do that anymore.

Surprisingly, Jackson does not require E&O, though I would not consider them a life insurance dynasty.

It was a while ago that I became appointed, but I don't ever remember having to send this to them, and my very first case there was a VA (shocker).

They aren't likely a first thought go to life company, but they do have decent term and UL products. I guess if I were stuck with no E&O I'd just sell the hell out of them.

It was a while ago that I became appointed, but I don't ever remember having to send this to them, and my very first case there was a VA (shocker).

They aren't likely a first thought go to life company, but they do have decent term and UL products. I guess if I were stuck with no E&O I'd just sell the hell out of them.

Remember, they don't need your E&O on a VA. Your B/D requires you to have it. As long as they know on their selling agreement that the B/D requires everyone to have E&O they are safe.

Back