What Type of Business to Target for Individual Health Insurance?

Mink

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
A lot of very small groups might consider dropping Group to buy individual Health Insurance. Thinking of doing some sort of campaign. What business or profession do you think would be the best to target?

A lot of very small groups might consider dropping Group to buy individual Health Insurance. Thinking of doing some sort of campaign. What business or profession do you think would be the best to target?

Small to medium sized businesses.:biggrin:

Why are you trying to find employers that may be dropping their plan when there are plenty of employers that are already not offering coverage? ANY type of small or medium business could make a good prospect to drop in on.

Why are you trying to find employers that may be dropping their plan when there are plenty of employers that are already not offering coverage? ANY type of small or medium business could make a good prospect to drop in on.

I can understand why, those employers who till now have been paying for insurance feel remorse in not doing so going forward. Some of this remorse is due to rate increases, seeing for many employees it might be a better option, etc. While some may not realize the tax benefits to continuing to pay (or the benefit offsets the expense).

i.e. Two groups:
Those who do not now and have not in the past or a long time ago
Those who do and are looking to save money, etc. as noted above...

I can understand why, those employers who till now have been paying for insurance feel remorse in not doing so going forward. Some of this remorse is due to rate increases, seeing for many employees it might be a better option, etc. While some may not realize the tax benefits to continuing to pay (or the benefit offsets the expense).

i.e. Two groups:
Those who do not now and have not in the past or a long time ago
Those who do and are looking to save money, etc. as noted above...

You still haven't made an argument for a marketing campaign targeting only one of the 2 groups that you mentioned.

You still haven't made an argument for a marketing campaign targeting only one of the 2 groups that you mentioned.

Depends on how it is you want to do it, i.e. web (seo), etc.

In the end it is about the message, i.e. what is the "Call to action" is the question which needs answered and the creation of. Message could be as simple as "Own a business with X employees for whom you have been providing health insurance and curious what your options are?"

Frankly, that sort of solution is what a seasoned marketing person would be best suited for.

In the meantime there are tons of lists which can be bought with specific identities such as location, income, self employed, number of employees, etc.

There is not a single perfect answer in other words. Best solution is a best guess based on these items.

Back