What Types of Leads Are You Using?

seanaruggiero

I am trying to assess what types of leads are being used in the industry. The IMO/FMOs I work with use lead mailers and Internet leads. One of them uses live transfer. What are you all using?

I am trying to assess what types of leads are being used in the industry. The IMO/FMOs I work with use lead mailers and Internet leads. One of them uses live transfer. What are you all using?
You might get more replies if you tell us what type of insurance you're currently selling, and who your target market is.

I agree with Tom.

What insurance product are you primarily selling? What is your target market?

Depending on the line of insurance and the target market - different leads will work with varying degrees of success.

Here are the 7 lead generation methods I covered in my book:

- Door-to-Door
- Cold Calling
- Telemarketed
- Direct Mail
- Internet
- Seminar
- Referrals

I agree with Tom.

Depending on the line of insurance and the target market - different leads will work with varying degrees of success.

Here are the 7 lead generation methods I covered in my

- Door-to-Door
- Cold Calling
- Telemarketed
- Direct Mail
- Internet
- Seminar
- Referrals

Sorry for the delay...email notifications were off.

Thank you for the reply. I am intersted in all lines of insurance, but more specifically I currently have LIFE agents in one bucket and P&C in another. Life is inclusive of health, ltc, annuity, medsup

Ill also take a gander at your ebook

Thank you

Sorry for the delay...email notifications were off.

Thank you for the reply. I am intersted in all lines of insurance, but more specifically I currently have LIFE agents in one bucket and P&C in another. Life is inclusive of health, ltc, annuity, medsup

Ill also take a gander at your ebook

Thank you

I think its $10 well spent but I might be a little biased. ;)

I focus specifically on the Senior market which will overlap with other lines of insurance but if you have life agents the FE market can be a great segment to attack.

Sean -

Not sure what happened to your previous comment, I was trying to respond when it disappeared.

I agree with you that Mortgage Protection is a valid method of selling life insurance (I got my start in the industry in that niche).

As I mentioned previously - now I specifically focus on marketing for the Senior insurance market (Final Expense and Medicare Supplements). One of my goals when writing this book was to introduce the life insurance side of the business to health insurance agents and vice versa.

There are many agents with bias towards one side or the other and I really wanted to stay focused on those 2 particular segments since they are so intertwined.

I do think that some of the verbatim scripts & sales tips I gathered from the 30+ agents I worked with when creating this book could be applied towards the mortgage protection sales process.

I agree with Tom.

Here are the 7 lead generation methods I covered in my book:

- Door-to-Door
- Cold Calling
- Telemarketed
- Direct Mail
- Internet
- Seminar
- Referrals

Thanks for the book plug. I think I'm going to buy a copy.

Can somebody explain the basics of how mail marketing works for insurance?

Do you just buy a list of names of seniors and manage your own campaign?

How much does it cost/lead?

Can somebody explain the basics of how mail marketing works for insurance?

Do you just buy a list of names of seniors and manage your own campaign?

How much does it cost/lead?

Unless you are an amazing copywriter with access to bulk printing and mailing, outsource it.

What they are going to charge you isn't much more than it would cost to do yourself, and that doesn't even account for the time spent on it. Also, you'll need good copy if you want your mail to convert.

Unless you are an amazing copywriter with access to bulk printing and mailing, outsource it.

What they are going to charge you isn't much more than it would cost to do yourself, and that doesn't even account for the time spent on it. Also, you'll need good copy if you want your mail to convert.

Is that how it works? You just buy a list of names somewhere? If you are selling medicare-related products are they guaranteed to be near 65+?

Back