What VOIP system would you recommend for Call Center?

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
I'm opening a call center for Insurance next month. I'll have 8 to 12 agents on phones at a time. 50% inbound from TV and Print marketing. What VOIP system would you recommend? Also - no PC's - Agents will be using iPads.

I use vonage I only have 4 lines though. Its only as good as your internet connection. I have found if my internet goes out and comes back on the phones must be unplugged and rebooted. problem being my internet has dropped a lot recently and we are unaware because it will come back on shortly. The trouble with vonage is at that point my phones are not ringing and we don't know we are missing calls. If I didn't have the phones forwarded to my cell we would not know. Prior to this issue the last few months it had been great for several years. I have magic jack also for a fax line.

Last edited:
We use asterisk and pay for trunk lines. We host our own VoIP server, albeit it's not difficult considering there's several free open source flavors. The cost is about a penny per minute, rounded to six or less seconds depending on the trunk carrier

I would recommend Ring Central.
It may get pricey on a per line basis but it's integration and application support is great.
How do you like Ring Central? For reference I am a single agent independent looking to get going. Trying to find something that works with EZLynx and that allows business texting from a cell phone and PC.

Only other system I have looked at is Intermedia Unite. Costco has a deal with them as well. Unified Communications Platform (UCAAS) | Intermedia Unite

How do you like Ring Central? For reference I am a single agent independent looking to get going. Trying to find something that works with EZLynx and that allows business texting from a cell phone and PC.

Only other system I have looked at is Intermedia Unite. Costco has a deal with them as well. Unified Communications Platform (UCAAS) | Intermedia Unite

You might want to look into SpectrumVoip. I am not sure how it would work with EZlynx, but they have a feature that allows business texting from your cell. I can put you in touch with my friend who is a rep for them. Let me know.

Latest posts

Back