"What will this cost me?"

agent007

Expert
Texas
For those in MP,do you give them a price quote over the phone when you are trying to set up the appt?
Does this help in getting the appt when you do?

oh hell no......you have to go to thier house and scare them into a MP policy .....you see these people just put down lots of money to buy a house and now have the monthly payment that they are not use to to begain with and really do not want to buy life insurance to begain with....so after the scare wares off
in 6mo to a year they drop it......

I've been getting more and more ppl ask that question and some have even told me that they do not want to even look into doing biz unless I tell them what the cost is going to be. What would be a great rebuttle to overcome this objection?

agent007 said:
I've been getting more and more ppl ask that question and some have even told me that they do not want to even look into doing biz unless I tell them what the cost is going to be. What would be a great rebuttle to overcome this objection?

"Dear Mrs Beetch, before I can tell you what the cost is I must first Qualify your sorry arsse. Would 3 PM today be okay with you Mrs Beetch?"

agent007 said:
For those in MP,do you give them a price quote over the phone when you are trying to set up the appt?
Does this help in getting the appt when you do?

Look at it this way...The majority of tire kickers out there who want to know the price first are going to be your biggest headache. These people obviously only care about one thing...PRICE!! So let's say you do get in their house and sell the benefits of a solid plan, priced a little bit higher than most other products. Then the next week another agents calls up the client, I got this product at this price, I can save you more money with this policy. The customer buys that product and you get the chargeback!

Bottom line is that people who buy on price are usually a waste of time!

Once you quote a price there is no reason to go see them. They will simply say thanks, let me get back to you if your's is the lowest price.

If you are going to sell life, do it over the phone. A friend of mine does mailers with sample rates & amounts on a grid by age. The people know how much coverage costs (assuming they qualify of course) and have already decided how much they want (or can afford). When they are ready to buy you take the app over the phone (like with WCL) or use the online app (for non-med like Assurity, GTL and others) then move on to the next sucker.

I don't write that much life but I have not met any of my life clients in the past 3 years.

Back