What Work Schedual Do I Need? Please Help.

MikeZ

Hello, I'm exploring the idea of insurance sales, and am wondering if you think my schedual is doable for insurance sales. Here it is.

At the moment i assist in caring for elderly parents and want a part time job until i no longer need to assist them. My schedule is Monday threw Friday from 8am-6:30-7. Do you think i could just work the weekends ?

Or Depending on others help, I may have someone else take over at 4:30 pm to free me up, and be able to work late afternoons, evening , and all day weekends, as i have weekends off. I have some money, therefore do not need to make a ton, but once I don't need to assist them i would do this full time

Basically I'm looking to see what a typical work schedule you normally work.

Thank you for any advice.
Mike

Hello, I'm exploring the idea of insurance sales, and am wondering if you think my schedual is doable for insurance sales. Here it is.

At the moment i assist in caring for elderly parents and want a part time job until i no longer need to assist them. My schedule is Monday threw Friday from 8am-6:30-7. Do you think i could just work the weekends ?

Or Depending on others help, I may have someone else take over at 4:30 pm to free me up, and be able to work late afternoons, evening , and all day weekends, as i have weekends off. I have some money, therefore do not need to make a ton, but once I don't need to assist them i would do this full time

Basically I'm looking to see what a typical work schedule you normally work.

Thank you for any advice.
Mike

The schedule is as you see fit, generally more time = more money earned. Depending on what you want to sell, you may be able to do your biz primarily over the phone and not have to go out in the field...maybe giving you a chance to "work" while taking care of your folks.

When I started, I was happy with 2-3 deals a month because I was very much doing it "part-time". I'm now about 5 years in and at about 240 clients, still very much "part-time".

As long as you're able and happy with the income, work at your own pace!

Last edited:
The benefit to having late afternoon and weekends in your working schedule is that many people that you would want to meet with, talk to and sell to would most likely be home & available.

That question is a little more complex than it sounds. First you have not told us what type of insurance you will be selling, FE, LTC, under 65 Health, Ancillary Products, Med Supps. etc. Knowing this will allow you to know the availability of your clients and the hours you would need to be most succesful with that product. Are you dealing with a small business or dealing with a retired couple?

Second, How will you be getting leads? Will you be purchasing your own leads and if so do you have enough $ to support your marketing efforts. Or, will you be working with an Agency that will provide you leads? Or will you be cold calling?

Also, Will you be doing telesales, which as was stated in another post, will allow you to work at home and be with your parents or will you be selling face to face?

Have you put together a business plan for both the short and long term with your goals and expectations?

These are some things to think about. With that being said, the beauty of our industry is that you are afforded the freedom to set your own schedule. Best of Luck

First off, God bless you. You may look back at what you are doing for your parents as your greatest accomplishment.

"Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee."

You can definitely work part-time, but you have to be committed. Expect it to be hard for a while. You have a lot to learn.

There may be times when you can't meet with clients because you are taking care of your parents, but during some of those times, you might be able to study or do something else that will move you toward your goal.

For example, I'm about to fold laundry while I listen to a marketing podcast.

I listened to Tom Hopkins, Zig Ziglar and Brian Tracy while driving to appointments (in cassette format) back in the day. You can find many of their books on audiible.com.

They may not resonate with you; they are pretty old school. But there are a lot of resources in audio format from other authors. Some are going to speak your language.

Use this forum to point you in the right direction, but don't overuse it. It is too easy to waste time here.

Latest posts

Back