What would you do

Truthfully19

I had an appointment with a 66 year old man who wanted to get rid of his aarp term policy and get a whole life. I explained to him how at the price he's at he's going to either get less coverage or have to pay more to which he didn't object. Problem is he has heart issues and wasn't able to qualify for anything first day. I told him that if he kept the aarp and he died tomorrow his wife would get the full benefit but he wanted to get rid of it anyway since "his bill" (his words) kept getting higher. Would you guys have left it where its at or sold him a graded policy??

Lower the AARP policy and supplement it with a Graded Policy... after a year, do the same thing again, after another year, do it one more time...

That way he is fully covered for the entire two years.

Lower the AARP policy and supplement it with a Graded Policy... after a year, do the same thing again, after another year, do it one more time...

That way he is fully covered for the entire two years.

I would generally agree with this.

What kind of heart condition does he have? He might be eligible for a non graded policy and if we know the details we might be able to point you in the right direction. It's not always possible, but it doesn't hurt to try.

When was his next price increase? I would not replace that. I would get him more coverage if he wanted it though. But with chf there is zero situation where I would feel comfortable recommend doing that...

More than 2 years. GW might take it level. If not Aetna should take it true Graded which will make the price reduction plan easier to implement.
Good call on Aetna. I've used them for CHF(Graded), but I was thinking the defibrillator would be a KO. Just checked the app and doesn't mention it.

Good call on Aetna. I've used them for CHF(Graded), but I was thinking the defibrillator would be a KO. Just checked the app and doesn't mention it.
I didn't look at rates though. With their new rates I'm not sure if they do better than BF. The Graded pays out slightly better but if it's significantly more expensive it might not be worth it.

Worth checking.out.

Back