What Would You Recommend for the First Update to Sales Techniques

NCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hey guys,

So part of being an agent is investing in yourself. I definitely know that part and I know I am my agency's biggest asset. I have been selling f2f and b2b for different products and have had some reasonably good results.

HOWEVER, I know that I'm not at 100% efficiency and selling condition. I know I can do better. Agents are always learning new sales techniques and ways to help their clients.

I have been looking around online and have found various books and training systems online. What would you guys recommend as an early, fundamental book or system to use? Personally I feel I might be above the basic sales but I want to KNOW that rather than THINK that, and the only way to do so is to read and learn.

So what are your top 3,5, or 10 favorite books/systems/resources for refining both your sales and service skills for clients? What order do you feel they should be in for new people? I have a few more agents with me who are a little less experienced (and some more so) than in sales and this will go to help a few people at once of different levels to advance.

All input is appreciated and let me know if I can return the favor in some way:idea:

Re: What Would You Recommend for the First Update to Sales Techni

This probably won't help but the vast majority of successful brokers that I somewhat know...never read a sales book or got very little out of it.

Hands-on training and experience got them where they are.

Agree. Read High Probability Selling and go out and get the s__t kicked out of you.

Read some Sandler if you haven't already.

Get Dan Kennedy's No B.S. Books...best series of sales and marketing books I've ever read.

...The Magic Of Thinking Big....and Anything by Jeffrey Gitomer. He has plenty of free material on youtube. Watch his short vid Kick Your Own @ss and enjoy.

This is a great book for learning the principles of consultative selling. Really it's no pressure selling. It's a nice variant of intro, probe, agitate, paint vision of better tomorrow, commitment. In each segment of the book they discuss how to apply the lesson to five different ego types. I picked it up at Borders during a fire-sale and was pleasantly surprised.
51frFOTFYkL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I recommend you read Atlas Shrugged once every two years, and watch the movie The Poseidon Adventure every year.

That will teach you all you need to know. God Bless Irwin Allen and Ayn Rand.

Watch "Door to Door" and copy his persistency and consistency!

Back