What's a Lead Value $$

Dglossoplend

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
For the people that buy leads and don't or used to.

Per each service in the Insurance field what is a closed leads value to you. If you had someone call you right now and sign up for an "average" policy what would be that calls value/price?What would you have paid for that call? $5,$20,$50? Using the word average loosely as tons of variables I know.

Auto, home, health, life, commercial

You left out a lot in determining the value of a lead.

Namely, closing percentage. How many leads an agent has to buy to get one deal plays a big role in the value of a lead. If you sell 1 out of 10 versus 1 out of 20, you can afford to pay twice as much for the 1 out of 10 leads. If you close 1 out of 5, you can pay 4 times as much as the 1 out of 20 leads.

For the people that buy leads and don't or used to.

Per each service in the Insurance field what is a closed leads value to you. If you had someone call you right now and sign up for an "average" policy what would be that calls value/price?What would you have paid for that call? $5,$20,$50? Using the word average loosely as tons of variables I know.

Auto, home, health, life, commercial

Do you plan on selling them?

Completely agree how about 2 scenarios. A one to one close and closing @ 25% ratio.

Imagine not getting a ton of leads either focus more on quality than quantity.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you plan on selling them?

Probably not in the way you are thinking Josh.
If an agent gets a call and sells it right then what is that call worth $$
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
one step further. What is the average time you would spend on the phone with that customer on the first call?

Last edited:
If done right each appointment is different so placing a $ is very hard to do, but let's take the $ out of the equation for now and look at what I think is the important information. Did you quote and shop for them, when you went out for a visit were they prepared for you and did they actually want to hear what you had to say.

You can go out on a ton of appointments but at the end of the day closing them is where the rubber meets the road. If you are going out on 10 appointments a month and the prem. is 10,000 you must close at least 3 to make it worth your time. So at this point is when you could look at the cost of the appointment against the 30,000 in premiums you brought in, now you can ask yourself is the ROI paying off? I am sure most of you do this but I had to throw in my 2 cents. The information gathered for the appointments is the value of the lead the more information the bigger the value, very little information very little value.

If done right each appointment is different so placing a $ is very hard to do, but let's take the $ out of the equation for now and look at what I think is the important information. Did you quote and shop for them, when you went out for a visit were they prepared for you and did they actually want to hear what you had to say.

You can go out on a ton of appointments but at the end of the day closing them is where the rubber meets the road. If you are going out on 10 appointments a month and the prem. is 10,000 you must close at least 3 to make it worth your time. So at this point is when you could look at the cost of the appointment against the 30,000 in premiums you brought in, now you can ask yourself is the ROI paying off? I am sure most of you do this but I had to throw in my 2 cents. The information gathered for the appointments is the value of the lead the more information the bigger the value, very little information very little value.

I understand what you are saying. However, what I am trying to get is what does an average sale in each Insurance field make an agent. So if you sell an average auto policy what does an Insurance agent make? $60? If so and the deal cost them $20 that is a profit of $40 is that enough profit for a cost of $20? What about health. life, commercial, home etc?

I understand what you are saying. However, what I am trying to get is what does an average sale in each Insurance field make an agent. So if you sell an average auto policy what does an Insurance agent make? $60? If so and the deal cost them $20 that is a profit of $40 is that enough profit for a cost of $20? What about health. life, commercial, home etc?

I don't get it.

When I asked if you were going to and/or trying to sell leads you said:

Probably not in the way you are thinking Josh.

Call me old fashioned, but either you're selling leads or you're not.

Each line of insurance is going to have it's own set of profit margins, so it's tough to answer the question you're asking. If you're goal is to sell leads you may want to work with an established agent/agency to get some trial data to work from and go from there.

Get'em Josh sounds like a spammer to me!

I don't quite get that vibe, but I (along with many others) appreciate folks being direct. If the guy wants feedback on what a lead is worth because he (she?) wants to sell them, just be out with it. Get better answers that way and maybe even a few clients. Agents are always looking for more quality leads at a reasonable price.

Sorry not a spammer. Yes we will be selling "leads" I just dont like that word as to me a lead is a name and number with some information. Our website will produce actual customers.

So yes for the sake of getting feedback yes selling leads.
Again if I make your phone ring right now and you make a sale what is the phone call worth to you?

I am thinking $20-$30 depending on the Insurance product.

Back