What's A Truly Exclusive Small Group Health Lead Worth?

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
We all know that you can buy shared internet leads for around $7 and allegedly "exclusive" internet leads for ~$20. How much would a group health lead be worth if it could be guaranteed to be exclusive and qualified, meaning that they are interested in discussing health insurance enough to send over a census and allow a quote? Let's assume groups of 2-10 employees, but any feedback would be good. The reason why I'm asking is because I have a pretty good idea of what my hard cost/lead is on health and it's something we're doing well at. If it's something I could retail out to have extra cash to grow the health side of things then that might very well make plenty of sense. Are they worth $50, $100, $200? More? Less? If they're guaranteed to be exclusive and at the very least let you give them a quote and reasonably entertain what you have to offer?

It would depend on the group size. You would need to have different tiers with different price points. My suggestions .... or should I say ..what I would be willing to pay:
2-10: $40-$50
11-20: $50-$75
21+: $100

Just my opinion. And I might be interested if you decide to implement this.

Have you thought about any other type of business leads? 401K? Deferred Comp? Key employee life/DI? Buy/Sell funding?
I would be even more interested in these....

I can buy guaranteed appointments for $60 each. I don't do it. On these, if the appointment doesn't happen, it gets replaced.

Because of this, I would probably agree with scagnt83.

The problem you'll run into is agents buying these thinking they will be quick closes and getting frustrated because small group can be a long sales process.

Dan

Are they worth $50, $100, $200? More? Less? If they're guaranteed to be exclusive and at the very least let you give them a quote and reasonably entertain what you have to offer?

Entertain what I have to offer?

For that price point they had better be committed to getting something done.

Your cost to generate it really has nothing to do with it. It's worth exactly what someone will pay for it, no more, no less.

Sure it does. If it costs more to generate than I can sell it for then I wouldn't sell them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Entertain what I have to offer.

Entertain meaning discuss with on a favorable basis and be open to change. If they are a done deal and all that needs to happen is submitting it to the carrier then there is no reason to be selling them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It would depend on the group size. You would need to have different tiers with different price points. My suggestions .... or should I say ..what I would be willing to pay:
2-10: $40-$50
11-20: $50-$75
21+: $100

Have you thought about any other type of business leads? 401K? Deferred Comp? Key employee life/DI? Buy/Sell funding?
I would be even more interested in these....

At those prices there is no money to be made on selling them while being able to guarantee the quality.

-----------------------------------------------

We haven't done those specifically, but I'm sure we could. Only problem on campaigns like that is I have nothing to compare it against so I couldn't guarantee a price. PM me if you want to talk about it more.

Last edited:
Right, but cost is your problem - it doesn't have anything to do with the market value.

I didn't say it was a problem. My question was what will the market value them at. If it's not a number that makes sense then I'll scrap the idea and keep them all in-house.

Back