What's Going On?

I have also heard the exact complaints about clients calling Time to cancel. An agent friend of mine (and I know this is 3rd party info) also moved one of his clients from Time to another company. The result? The client ended up staying with Time and canceling the other plan. When he got back in touch with his client he claimed Time scared him and also painted him as an unethical agent for trying to get him to cancel his current plan. I personally have not experienced any claim denials from existing clients though.

Fortunately I have the kind of relationship with my clients that they trust that I would NEVER give them "substandard" coverage, or do anything to hurt them.

In the future, I'll have clients mail or fax a cancellation to Time.

I've done several cases with them in Chicago (old clients) where they were competitive. That stops today.

I wish it were as simple as being able to put all of my business just into one company, but because of underwriting it doesn't work that way for me. Heathly? Right into GR. A GR decline? Into Time or Aetna. Older, smoker, not much money? Into BCBS.

Gee, Paul. I thought you were a stand up guy, not the kind to offer substandard coverage.

Good thing Time has your clients best interest at heart.

(cough, cough . . .)

Tits on a bull, huh? You got some weird animals in FL.

Back