What's in your book shelf?

"How I raised myself from failure to success in Selling" By Frank Bettger. GREAT book for insurance sales. The writer sold life insurance, however his principles can be used for almost any type of sales.

I read a book one time about reading people and the different types of personalities. Something like Kinetic and 3 other types of personalities. It was about building rapport. I think it was a Zig Ziglar book. Needless to say it seemed like all the methods worked but I did not know how to use the skills. LOL. Well there goes another meaningless post. :)

Visual
Auditory
Kinesthetic

I learned how to sell from listening to Ziglar tapes about 22 years ago. I still have them.

Atlas Shrugged - will teach you more about life than any book, other than the Bible, and should be read every other year. Making my children read it, before they go off to college.

Selling to VITO - cuts through all the BS that any other "sales" book spews, and tells you how NOT to waste someone else's, or your, time.

Selling by Phone How to Reach and Sell to Customers - breaks down how you sound on the phone, and how to work on the one-call, two-call, or several-call close.

Miracles on the Water by Tom Nagorski - a true story about a failed voyage from Britain to Canada, during the Blitzkrieg. Shows you the perseverence of men, women, and especially children on that fated ship. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, I would give it a 12.

Nice story Al. I just loved that book...I still remember the name of the chapter when he was sent to the minors (I Died, or something like that).

Definitely an expose. He must have used the word "greenies" about 200 times in the book. Of course, we know what those were.

And finally...Joe Schultz's two favorite words. Sh*tfu*k and Fu*ksh*t!!!

Jeff Gotomer...Don't remember the name of it right now. Don't all his books say basically the same thing?

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Now that the last book is out, I want to read them all.

I have lots of financial planning and investment books. It's my first love. I also go the the library often and check out the books first. No sense in wasting $ on them if I won't reread them. If I feel like I will reference the book again, I will buy it used via Amazon.

SELLING TO ANYONE OVER THE PHONE - Renee Walkup with Sandra McKee

Paperback you can get on Amazon for $8 to $12 or so new.

Easy reading.

TELESALES - STEPHAN SCHIFFMAN , A little more dry and advanced but not bad either.

E-MYTH (ALL) - Business junk...

THE NEW HEALTH INSURANCE SOLUTION - Anyone selling individual should have this book on their night stand

and of course....

last but not least....

21J4RRVGVSL._AA115_.jpg

A Woman in Charge: The Life of Hillary Rodham Clinton

lol....OK I will stop...

THE NEW HEALTH INSURANCE SOLUTION - Anyone selling individual should have this book on their night stand

Pilzer's book is a promotion for the HSA & other high deductible type plans.

There is a place for H S A 's I am of the opinion the Internet is not that place (in large quantity anyhow).

How do you reconcile these two statements?

The Merck (and other similar books) were purchased before information became so prolific on the internet. If someone tells me they have sinus bradicardia I can look it up to see what kind of issues might come up when the application gets to underwriting. The more informed I am about medical conditions & meds the better impression I can make with clients.

Getting to Yes is one of the better ones. I also have a good collection of books by Jeff Gitomer and my favorite of all . . . Secrets of Question Based Selling. Freese is a genius.

Jeffrey also has a Sales Bible out that has alot of good information for new and old alike. As for my wifes nursing books I have used them more than once for reference on a prospect.

Per an article by Mr Stastny Old Style Marketing, there are tons of useful information by the Old Pros, such as Zig (seen him in Jackson, Ms a few years back, what is he 84 or better now? The guy is still a live wire, bounced across the stage like a ten year old) , Napoleon Hill has many and this guy wrote them way back when. One that I like and own a few of are from Brian Tracy.

You can have all the best books ever published on your shelf, but until you study and act on the information, none of them are worth the paper they are printed on.

Pilzer's book is a promotion for the HSA & other high deductible type plans.

Quote:
There is a place for H S A 's I am of the opinion the Internet is not that place (in large quantity anyhow).
How do you reconcile these two statements?
I didn't pick up that Pilzners books was a H S A promotion more an individual insurance solution. I stand by my comments that selling H S A 's online is swimming upstream. It is not the correct target audience overall. (i.e. people are broke and transitional online)

Back