What's next

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Local news is advising seniors not to set or keep appointments with insurance agents due to a local insurance marketing scam. I had two
appointments today blow out because of this.

I thought it was strange when my last two appointments today was telling me, peaking out from their chain locked door saying " go away if your selling insurance". I'm thinking " What the @#$% going on. I turned on the radio on my way home and heard the breaking news for myself.

Local news is advising seniors not to set or keep appointments with insurance agents due to a local insurance marketing scam. I had two
appointments today blow out because of this.

I thought it was strange when my last two appointments today was telling me, peaking out from their chain locked door saying " go away if your selling insurance". I'm thinking " What the @#$% going on. I turned on the radio on my way home and heard the breaking news for myself.

Yikes, bad timing!

When you get lemons...

Contact local news. Offer info as to what to look for to AVOID scams...

Priceless exposure.

Insuranceman, bummer! What area do you hail from, or town? What was the origin of the news story? I mean, was this something from a local TV "consumer alert" segment or a newspaper article? Could this go national? What insurance product(s) were they referring to, e.g. senior, life, health, LTC, auto, home, fire, Blackjack?

In California, we had the usual insurance scams after our recent plagues of fires, floods, landslides, earthquakes, mortgage foreclosures, termites, and bad martinis, but these faded from memories quickly.

moonlightandmargaritas is right, this is not a time for panicking like "Chicken Little" but for serving up "Buffalo Wings," with lots of sauce for dip...and with your permission, might I paraphrase your mention of lemons: carpe diem?

"Seize the moment. Think of all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart." --Erma Bombeck

It was on the local news tv and radio in Zanesville OH. Nothing much ever happens in these parts so they need something to report on. I'm just going to switch to some other counties till it blows over. Still ticks me off cause I've ended up loosing sales over it.

Seniors tend to be a bit paranoid anyway so THAT can't be a good thing. (Not without reason as they are often preyed upon by scams, but still some clarification and not usual Sensationalism from the media might have helped!)

Back