What's the Best Career Agent Opportunity?

jmarkk1

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm wondering if anyone on here knows of a good agent opportunity in the life and health insurance field?

Looking for some base + commission....or at least an arrangement that is close to this.

Would this be captive with just one product/company? or

Are there independent agent opportunities like this? have good companies and products....but captive?

Base + commission? I don't know that it exists. Most career companies do not pay anything but straight commission. The few that do pay a salary only do it for an initial training period. You may find it working for an independent or for another agent but if you do you will usually also being doing CSR.

Life and Health is a wide field...I find it interesting that instead of asking which company is best for someone wanting to work with small business owners / Supplemental Benefits / Startup Retirement plans etc you asked about base commission. This is very uncommon in this business most of the captive carriers will pay a training allowance which in this day and age is additional commission for a period of time meaning if you don't sell you don't cost a penny.

Long time life and health phrase. "Hire them in masses, teach them in classes and fire thier a$$es."

Humana offers this, but the hiring is done for this year I believe because AEP is right around the corner. They offer $2000 base, give or take, with other perks (car, gas? cell phone) and the same first year commission as a indy agent, with lower renewals after the first. They will feed you leads during AEP. The problem is that the rest of their products are overpriced and hard to sell from Jan til Oct where you are pretty much on your own. You are CAPTIVE. I do have a few friends that have done the job and enjoyed it, but also enjoyed rolling all of their customers once they left and getting paid full renewals.

Back