What's the best time of day for cold calling?

The product you sell doesn't matter much compared to the market you work. You have to be out when your market is available. If you don't like the times, change your market.

I put some thought in your reply and I came to the conclusion that I dislike working after hours more than I dislike cold calling.

I'm going to change my market to restaurant owners and beauty salon owners. Why these two markets? Because these commercial risks are easy to write and they're a great referral base for commercial and personal lines.

Thanks for the advice!

You should never have to ask for referrals. A reminder is all that is needed if you have delivered exceptional service.

All of my emails have this tag line

Referrals are ALWAYS aprpeciated!

take care,

Bob

There are other things I do as well, but this is very passive and works without breaking a sweat.

Not only does it work, it works extremely well.

This goes at the bottom of every correspondence I send to clients. "If you know any one else who I can help with their insurance I would appreciate it if you would give them my phone number."

I have never had to ask for referrals. It really does come from exceptional service and having my client think of me as not just an insurance agent but also as a person who has a life that they can call friend.

It's all about the "personal touch".

Imagine if you guys asked for referrals. Being proactive (rather than reactive) would increase your sales even further.

:1cute:

Not only does it work, it works extremely well.

This goes at the bottom of every correspondence I send to clients. "If you know any one else who I can help with their insurance I would appreciate it if you would give them my phone number."

I have never had to ask for referrals. It really does come from exceptional service and having my client think of me as not just an insurance agent but also as a person who has a life that they can call friend.

It's all about the "personal touch".

You should never have to ask for referrals. A reminder is all that is needed if you have delivered exceptional service.

Referrals are one area where I really suck! I get unsolicited referrals from clients because of the service I provide and from center of influences, but I do believe there is nothing wrong about being proactive for referrals (respectfully disagree ;)).

Many of the top producers I know proactively ask for referrals, never buy leads, or cold call. If you provide a good service, I don't see any reason why the new client or existing clients wouldn't be willing to write you a short testimonial and mail it to a few people they know. The key is to ask in a way that clients won't feel threatened or feel like they are putting their friends in "harms way".

To Bob's point, this only works if you are already referrable. If not, the rest doesn't matter.

Would'nt it be great if..................

Just as you all are expected to tip your wait staff at a restaurant for their incredible service (we all know that is how they really make their money).

It was socially acceptable and expected that a new client send you three of their family or friends (we all know that is how we make our money).

Lets see..... my agency does 70 new clients a month X 3 new referrals per new client = 210 referrals per month.

Wow!!!! I think I could make a living at this insurance thing!?!? ;)
</IMG>

Really?

Can you cite some data (results) that support this statement?

Sounds like you're confusing results with effort...

What I meant for that statement to mean was that the idea of an agent cold-calling, made them more successfull than most, by sheer activity. I do not have any "data", I do however have my own experiences in dealing with my agents.

Latest posts

Back