What's the best time of day for cold calling?

I actually had my best single day ever on a Saturday morning selling health insurance between 9 am and 12:00pm. People were actually nicer to talk to than they were during the week!

I actually had my best single day ever on a Saturday morning selling health insurance between 9 am and 12:00pm. People were actually nicer to talk to than they were during the week!

Most people; who are still working, are friendlier on Saturday morning, becasue they have the weekend to look forward to. I personally work every other Saturday until noon.

I would definately agree with you. I know I am much friendlier on Saturday than I am on a Monday!

I would be interested to know the persistency of weekend sales for agents. When I stopped working on Sunday sales, my persistency increased.

There was always a problem later(client wanted to back out, couldn't afford it, didn't remember this or that, etc.). Saturday, I don't know.

I would be interested to know the persistency of weekend sales for agents. When I stopped working on Sunday sales, my persistency increased.

There was always a problem later(client wanted to back out, couldn't afford it, didn't remember this or that, etc.). Saturday, I don't know.

In 8 years I have worked one Sunday, and I decided to never do that again. Between the grief given to me by my wife, and the client slamming me for it being a HOLY DAY; I determined it was not worth it.

I have had good success in working Saturdays, and found that if you keep the appointment to a minimum, it has worked better for me. My Saturday appointment's require that I go back 3-4 times before I make the sale, but they are quick appointment's, and by the time I am there to write business the client already understands the process and has all of their information available for me.

If you manage your time properly during the week and do what needs to be done, I don't see why you would need to meet with people on the weekend except in rare occassions.

If you manage your time properly during the week and do what needs to be done, I don't see why you would need to meet with people on the weekend except in rare occassions.

Good point - in addition you've got to have a life in order to stay sharp for your clients.

An old saying:

"If someone would see you on a weekend, would you really want them as a client?"

I guess in my particular case I see a great deal of people, therefore I have a great deal of "Rare Occassions."

What Delta said; use the weekend to spend time with your spouse. And if you don't have spouse, maybe it's because you're working weekends:-)

My wife loves when I work weekends. It gets me out of her hair and gives her more shopping money.

Most clients will work with the agent on a time and date.

Back