What's the best to sell after MA OEP ends?

SEAN

:D Hello people, am a life/health agent 2yrs young in the biz and thank God I have a community to rub minds with finally.

Out here in NC I've focused mainly on MA sales.It seems this year most counties are fully worked I need advice on other products I could sell with OEP ending soon.I've done well with final expense in the past but getting in front of clients has been an issue.I used to have good telemarketing companies for my pre-set appointments mind you I've read a lot on this from this forum but I would still like views on getting good preset appointments and products.

Am open to ideas Peace to you all.

Sean

I would think if you've been selling MA plans then final expense makes the most sense. Just do insurance reviews...

Best of success!

I suggest you focus on med supps.

Rick

I agree with Rick. (Make no mistake, I don't much like the guy (understatement there!)... but when he is right he is right!)

I also think MA will go away in the next administration. (I don't advocate this, I just see them as unpopular on Capitol Hill.... and from what I hear when I go to the NAHU lunch each month.)

Second, I've yet to find an MA plan for any price that is as good as an "F" plan. Of course, I've not looked at ever MA out there. The Secure Horizon AARP $90/mo (in CA) looks close to an F. In my county an F for a 70 year old cost $163 from Blue Shield ($135 from HN... but I wouldn't recommend HN because of their consistently poor customer and agent service out here.)

Third, with Sups you are not confined to enrollment periods or all the Mickey-Mouse CMS rules and regulations. Sups are GI early in the process and via the b-day rule (I believe)... and the UW is not that difficult if client is in reasonable health (unlike the UW for IFP... fergetaboutit!)

My wife is on an MA because she is underage... and underage sups are expensive in my zip ($254/mo BC, $615 BS... go figure) and she would never get through UW (and there is no b-day rule for underage TTBOMK)... but as soon as she hits 65 I'll trade in the MA for a sup.

I hardly sell anything to the senior market so you are better advised to listen to Rick than me as he specializes in it and is an expert.

Al

I agree with Rick. (Make no mistake, I don't much like the guy

Gee, and I've always spoken so highly about you.

I also think MA will go away in the next administration.
If a democrat is elected, expect to see an expansion of the MA plans. The hell with the cost! We must protect our seniors.

Second, I've yet to find an MA plan for any price that is as good as an "F" plan. Of course, I've not looked at every MA out there. The Secure Horizon AARP $90/mo (in CA) looks close to an F. In my county an F for a 70 year old cost $163 from Blue Shield ($135 from HN... but I wouldn't recommend HN because of their consistently poor customer and agent service out here.)
The service or lack of service from an insurance company has nothing to do with how they handle med supps. I have NEVER heard a complaint about Medicare paying for a med supp not paying. It's automatic and the carrier (aside from price) is immaterial. As far as pricing, Lincoln Heritage in zip 950-961 is $111 for a 70 yr. old non-smoking woman.[/quote]

My wife is on an MA because she is underage... and underage sups are expensive in my zip ($254/mo BC, $615 BS... go figure) and she would never get through UW (and there is no b-day rule for underage TTBOMK)... but as soon as she hits 65 I'll trade in the MA for a sup.

Actually, your wife is on an MA plan because the agent who sold her that plan is basically ignorant about Med Supps (and possibly about other types of insurance as well.) United World and Lincoln Heritage would only have been about $150 for Plan F, and just over $130 for Plan D (a much smarter choice). I would never buy insurance from an agent who clearly does not know what he/she is doing.

By the way, what the F is TTBOMK?

I hardly sell anything to the senior market so you are better advised to listen to Rick than me as he specializes in it and is an expert.
Al

Then perhaps your opinion doesn't matter but thanks for the post.

Rick

Actually, your wife is on an MA plan because the agent who sold her that plan is basically ignorant about Med Supps (and possibly about other types of insurance as well.)

By the way, what the F is TTBOMK?

Then perhaps your opinion doesn't matter but thanks for the post.

Obviously, I am said agent.

Listen to Rick's voice here. Listen to the anger. Do you hear the hate, the paranoia, and the fear?

What is "inside" a man to make him so disagreeable? What is wrong with him that he expresses such antipathy and sprays such venom toward someone he's never met?

How does someone with such a vituperative attitude work in a trust-oriented and relationship-intense industry?

I don't know of anyone on this list who is as mean-spirited, angry, and as paranoid as Rick. Why Sam allows him to stay in this community is beyond me. He just poisons it.

Granted, he knows a lot about insurance, but he knows nothing about human relations. He knows no empathy. He has no feelings for anyone but himself.

There was a very short period when I thought Rick was worthy of being a mentor so I contacted him and we spoke once on the phone. I remember hearing him yell at his dogs to stop barking... yelling with such anger that I realized that this was not someone with the kind of skills I was looking for.

Not long afterward, against my better judgement, I sent Rick a client in Arizona (where I'm not licensed) who was looking for FE, and he treated her the same way he treats me and everyone else here... with arrogant disdain such that she refused to do business with him... and let me know in no uncertain terms about it.

This community is cheapened and marginalized by the way Rick behaves himself here. No one says he has to like anyone or everyone, but he should demonstrate some professional courtesy if not simple "good manners" in this public venue.

If I were running this list I'd put Rick on thirty days of "time out" and set him to "read-only" status. To my way of thinking there is no place on this board with someone with Rick's bad attitude. While I'm sure we don't get many of the general public reading this forum, I'm sure that those who do come here and who read posts like Rick's above leave with feelings that reinforce their (negative) stereotype about the "average" insurance salesperson.

Rick, (and a few others) might I suggest that you try to remember that there are human beings on the other end of what you post... and that they have feelings just like you do. But perhaps more importantly, realize that what goes around... comes around... and that when you make attacks like the one above, you are only hurting yourself.

Those who don't get angry will instead find a way to get even.

People will form an opinion of you... and my guess is that it won't be a favorable one.

Rick, I know you want everyone to think you the big bad wolf here... and the "final word" on insurance. But you will not achieve that via making yourself look good... by making everyone else look bad.

TTBOMK, it won't work.

Al

Rick, since you were so kind to explain the initials after your name, I will tell you what the acronym TTBOMK stands for inasmuch as Al didn't. It means: To The Best Of My Knowledge.:swoon:

Back