What's The Best Type of Insurance to Start Selling?

shaneshaneshane

What is the best type of insurance to start selling considering the following:
  • I want to work **remotely** (this is the most important)

• I have no previous experience selling insurance

• I have a little bit of experience in sales

• I want to be self-employed (I understand I'll need to work through an agency/company at first while gaining experience, but I'll want to be able to make my own schedule)

• Residual income preferred

• I am willing to invest money upfront for buying leads if need be

• I hear "final expense" is a good place to start, if so, where's a good place to start selling "final expense"

Go to a funeral home and tell them you would like to start selling final expense insurance. They are the folks that usually sell it.
Mortgage Protection Insurance is also good to start selling.

What is the best type of insurance to start selling considering the following:
  • I want to work **remotely** (this is the most important)
  • I hear "final expense" is a good place to start, if so, where's a good place to start selling "final expense"

What do you mean "remotely" ? Does this mean telesales at home ?

I came into insurance after 10 years of sales. So, I had a reasonably good idea of what types of sales I was good at, what type of people, and so on. I am very good at commercial p&c. If I were to try to survive completely on life or health, then I would probably starve to death.

I would suggest you find a way to "dip your toe" with as little risk to you as possible since you don't have much of a sales track record.

I am very good at commercial p&c. If I were to try to survive completely on life or health, then I would probably starve to death.

I don't know much about commercial p&c, is it that you are more experienced there or another reason you are better at it than life or health ?

Correct, yes and yes. It also has a lot to do with type of sale, the type of people I'm dealing with, and the type of conversations I'm having.

For instance, commercial p&c involves a lot of logic, whereas health and life involves more emotion. The need is very clear for commercial p&c, and gets fuzzier with life. Generally, the type of person owns a business is quick to look at the bottom line and utilize creative problem solving, which makes them different, and for me, an easier person to sell to. I've only dealt with business owners professionally, very little experience selling to consumers.

Last edited:
Go to a funeral home and tell them you would like to start selling final expense insurance. They are the folks that usually sell it.
Mortgage Protection Insurance is also good to start selling.

This is wrong info. Very few funeral homes sell Final Expense Insurance. They mostly sell Funeral Pre-need insurance which is a way different product.

Regular insurance agents (anyone with a life license) can sell Final Expense insurance. It’s a very popular niche that many new as well as experienced agents focus on.

Read the “Getting Started with FE sales” thread on my website www.FexContracting.com

It may change your life.

Back