What's the best way to ace a Series 6 & 63 in a short ti

NHB_MMA

Guru
100+ Post Club
I know most guys here don't have them, but I am working full-time till the new year and must pass the 6 & 63 by mid-January. I have the Kaplan books and I've read a little of them, but is there anything that is a really good, accelerated method of test preparation?

Re: What's the best way to ace a Series 6 & 63 in a shor

NHB_MMA said:
I know most guys here don't have them, but I am working full-time till the new year and must pass the 6 & 63 by mid-January. I have the Kaplan books and I've read a little of them, but is there anything that is a really good, accelerated method of test preparation?

It may not be possible for you, but a one week classroom crash course would be best. However, since that's not likely possible for your situation, take the practice exams over and over and over and over...well, you get the point. It may require long nights. Just tell the family you'll see them in a month (you can probably do it in two weeks if you put in 3-4 hours everyday).

When you start getting upper 80's and better on the practice exams, you should be ready. Good luck.

SERIES 6 and 63

I had to pass my 6 and 63 within about a 4 week time frame when I did them. I didn't find the crash course to be very effective in my opinion. I also used the Kaplan material and I read the entire 6 studybook first, took several practice tests on each unit, then re-read the material. After that, made flash cards for things I was having trouble with. Then took the 6. I made a 90. Did the same thing for the 63 and made an 86. Don't make the mistake of taking both tests at the same time. Many brokerage firms ask you to do this and it is stupid! They are completely different exams and you will have much more success if you give them each individual study and take them separately. Hope this helps!! Good luck!!

Re: SERIES 6 and 63

joshril said:
I made a 90. Did the same thing for the 63 and made an 86.

Very impressive scores. :)

Don't make the mistake of taking both tests at the same time. Many brokerage firms ask you to do this and it is stupid! They are completely different exams and you will have much more success if you give them each individual study and take them separately. Hope this helps!! Good luck!!

I figure I might take the 6 between Christmas and New Years, if I can schdule it then. I might do a little studying for the 63 before New Years, but I think the plan will be to take it around Jan. 15th.

I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Okay, a classroom crash course is definitely out, but a lady I spoke with today mentioned a virtual crash course where you log-on and interact with an actual classroom session going on. At first, I wasn't impressed with the idea, but she told me that the exam pass rate is actually a little higher. They have one January 8th-12th, with the first four days being for the 6 and the last day for the 63. I was hoping to take the exams before that time period, but maybe I can schedule one for Monday the 15th and the other for Friday the 19th and have it over in a week, if that seems reasonable.

ouuuu.....heres an idea.....why noy learn to use the license that you have now.....

ouuuu.....heres an idea.....why noy learn to use the license that you have now.....

I lose out on a bonus if I do not stay at my full-time job until the New Year. My full-time job takes an enormous amount of my time. The window for my securities exam closes in late January, so the tests must be completed by that point. I do not have time to (1) work full-time (2) study for these challenging exams (3) find people in the meantime that are begging to buy WL. Not that I don't see any good in WL, or I'm in the wrong place, but I would have little interest in pursuing what I'm doing if I cannot at some point offer variable lines and securities. Anyway, I can't do all three at once, realistically, so I might as well collect my bonus and study for these exams.

I went over the CD's a until I made 90% or more on each section. I had 2 weeks to study and worked full time.

Just cheat!:D

I did my studying from the books, also the testing CD works well. On the practice CD make sure you are scoring over 90%, which translates to the mid 80 percentile.

Why do you want your 6 & 63? You'll be a slave to the NASD and all of their rediculous amount of reporting.

Back