What's the Best Way to Market FE?

mdvanfleet

I am a new agent in the Final Expense market. What's the best way to get in front of clients?

Direct Mailers?
Telemarketing?
Buy voice mail leads?
Live Transfer?

I've tried a few of these, but am not sure what direction to go. Also, can you recommend any companies that you like to go with if that's allowed in the forum?

Use the forum search button and search for "final expense"
You will be reading for days.

My opinion is that all of those are viable options, but at the same time, none of them are a "walk in the park." The key, I have found, is to stick with what you enjoy the most, or what you are best at, and do it PERSISTENTLY, over and over, and never stop. For some agents, it is all about calling. For others, it is all direct mail. Some do both. Some market to their current client base. Some network in their community. The amazing thing is that with all of these, and more, there are stories of very successful agents doing each of these, while at the same time, there are stories of agents doing these with no success. I think it all comes down to choosing the path that makes the most sense to you, and sticking with it. Those that succeed, do what they do A LOT. They eat, breath, and sleep it. By the way, a carrier called Monumental has a nice lead program (around $275 for a 1000 piece mailing). I have heard good things about it, and that many agents contract with them just for their lead program. I know Todd King works with them. Anyway, best of luck!

Ask the GA you are working through. They may have some suggestions. Which will work best varies greatly depending on the area in which you are working.

We find agents will try a couple different options until they find the one that works well for them. Just keep track of your ROI.

Those $275/1000 mailers are crap

Get contracted with MOO- you can buy turning 65 year-old lists real cheap

Get them all in and around a particualr area

Get you about 50 of them, power down a couple bowls of Captain Crunch and get out the door-

Those people get hammered with Medicare flyers and mailers-

The approach is simple

*knock knock*

"Hi Mrs Smith, my name is______, and Mutual of Omaha asked me to stop by and see if you had any questions about our packet we sent to you in regards to Medicare Supplement and Final expense?"

If that dont work... eat another bowl of Captain Crunch and hit the next house...

Those $275/1000 mailers are crap

Get contracted with MOO- you can buy turning 65 year-old lists real cheap

Get them all in and around a particualr area

Get you about 50 of them, power down a couple bowls of Captain Crunch and get out the door-

Those people get hammered with Medicare flyers and mailers-

The approach is simple

*knock knock*

"Hi Mrs Smith, my name is______, and Mutual of Omaha asked me to stop by and see if you had any questions about our packet we sent to you in regards to Medicare Supplement and Final expense?"

If that dont work... eat another bowl of Captain Crunch and hit the next house...

What part of the question best way to market "FE" did you miss?

Back