Whats the deal aetna med supp?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
TN
I don't write as much with them as of late, During Aep underwriting was a joke 3 weeks some 4 weeks, Now in Jan you have to use new eapp is supposed to be an improvement but its the worst, moves slowly have to enter a lot more info before being able to open app to get to maybe a part I want to see like underwriting question or whatever

Esignitue was a little confusing for a client, I usually do voice but had to do esigg last week

Moreover, I have one that has been on the first step for a week, kept saying give it more time today, now today they say its a glich and will mover to next step by mid of next week?

How are all these improvements?

I don't write as much with them as of late, During Aep underwriting was a joke 3 weeks some 4 weeks, Now in Jan you have to use new eapp is supposed to be an improvement but its the worst, moves slowly have to enter a lot more info before being able to open app to get to maybe a part I want to see like underwriting question or whatever

Esignitue was a little confusing for a client, I usually do voice but had to do esigg last week

Moreover, I have one that has been on the first step for a week, kept saying give it more time today, now today they say its a glich and will mover to next step by mid of next week?

How are all these improvements?
I don't care for the new e-app as well as their last one, but I expect I'll get used to it. The one thing I do hope they'll change, and I've requested it, is that they stop auto-filling the effective date to the first day of the next month. Twice I've forgotten to change the effective date and had to call agent services to get the start date corrected. While I'm pretty sure I won't forget again, it makes no sense to auto-fill that field.

They let you sign for the client using their favorite color!
I haven't noticed any choice of color, but today discovered one new thing that is pretty nice. In addition to email and voice signature, their new e-app has a security question signature, like Cigna has (but without Cigna's additional PIN requirement). Cuts down signature time to a few seconds over that three minute voice signature call that sometimes doesn't work as a three-way call.

Underwriting is still way too long almost 2 weeks only step 2 of underwriting as of today.

They've done nothing but turn into a progressively larger pile of crap since Aetna bought them. I still have about 160 with them and every year I'm rolling more and more every chance I get. I never send them underwritten business, their underwriting is absolutely horrid since Aetna bought them.

Is no one having issues with this new eapp

I just had to let someone off the phone, I went to do app but the price was higher then Quoted. I kept trying to move around the app to see where the issue is its a very clunky site soo slow

I ended up letting him off the phone While keeping the site open I opened a new one in a dif browser and I am getting the price even lower but still not originally quoted WTF

I have both open looking Zip same DOB same HH discount the same Male Check

One eapp has me at $119.92 the other has me at $133.25 and CSG has me at $116.43

Also, the order of the questions is weird and not easy to go to dif pages to change the order seems you have to go in their weird order

They've done nothing but turn into a progressively larger pile of crap since Aetna bought them. I still have about 160 with them and every year I'm rolling more and more every chance I get. I never send them underwritten business, their underwriting is absolutely horrid since Aetna bought them.
I thought dealing with them sucked when Aetna 1st bought them, but after awhile, I thought they were great. They haven't been competitive in my area lately, so I haven't used them in a coupe of years. Sounds like they really went downhill. :huh:

I thought dealing with them sucked when Aetna 1st bought them, but after awhile, I thought they were great. They haven't been competitive in my area lately, so I haven't used them in a coupe of years. Sounds like they really went downhill. :huh:

I liked there eapp before they changed it just recently, I just didn't like their increases which is why I dont use them as much, Recently I have had more need for them but the new eapp is a pain

Back