What's the deal with Farm Bureau Med Supp

I think they do jack the rates a bit after 75, I have had some people looking to switch who were older, I could do better with other carriers. Plus they have to have FB insurance or pay like $40 a year I think for a "membership" to have the supp.

Issue age rate histories might be helpful if not for the fact that too many carriers want to retire one name and introduce another every 3 - 4 years. That makes CSG irrelevant when looking at Omaha, Cigna, Aetna and a few others

I stopped writing moo years ago but right now I’m writing 99% humana and UHC. They are competing to get the biz in Fl.
UHC announced lifetime commissions and Humana pays a high commission. I just got a $511 commission for one client. That’s double of UHC.
But both of these companies don’t play the shell game in Florida

I stopped writing moo years ago but right now I’m writing 99% humana and UHC. They are competing to get the biz in Fl.
UHC announced lifetime commissions and Humana pays a high commission. I just got a $511 commission for one client. That’s double of UHC.

Why is that? I know UHC doesn't pay that well for a Med Supp in FL, but for a new MA enrollment you should be getting at least $455 per.

Humana's playing the shell game in Illinois. They're now selling Humanadental. They're still not competitive. NGL (who owns Settlers) and Mass Mutual have Med Supps here now too.

Humansdental is a med supp?
Yep, that's what they're showing up as on CSG. Humanadental Insurance Company, says effective 10/1/2017. I guess I didn't notice them until recently baecause I usually don't scroll that far down the page.

They're still showing Humana too. Humanadental's cheaper than Humana on Plan F and Humana's cheaper than Humanadental on Plan G. Humanadental's been showing up for a while. Makes no sense to me since the new one isn't cheaper. On F the Humanadental beats Humana by $1.

Last edited:
Back