What's the deal with Health Markets?

Oct 8, 2018

1. candice84

candice84 New Member

Anybody know whats up with this company? I have no interest in working for them, but a couple of colleagues have gone to work for them. With the promise of "free leads and no chargebacks." To me that just screams scam.

2. leevena

leevena Guru

What did your friends say was the reason(s) they took a job? Why would you believe it is a scam? Btw, I am not an employee, nor ever intend to be one, just asking.

leevena, Oct 8, 2018
  3. candice84

candice84 New Member

Just that he wanted to spend more time with his kid, and work from home more part time.
    The company doesn't have any minimum production requirements.

4. leevena

leevena Guru

It is a general agency, many do not require production volume.

leevena, Oct 8, 2018
  5. fed up

fed up Super Genius

State:
    Virginia
    How much time do you have to read about HealthMarkets? After writing for them for a year some time back, all I can say is don't return their phone calls, don't go to work for them, don't respond to their emails. Google HealthMarkets and read the reasons for the poor ratings. Don't believe the good reviews, mostly written by agents with a huge chargeback if they leave

fed up, Oct 8, 2018
  6. AllenChicago

AllenChicago Guru

State:
    Illinois
    The bad reviews are mostly from guys/gals who didn't know what a 100% commission sales "job" is like. I'm looking to find some reviews from experienced agents who joined up with Healthmarkets for the product lines and product support. Also, if they get to keep their book of business.

I started working with a local agency on November 1st. I'm resigning tomorrow. Over the past 28 days, I've learned that the up-front promises didn't match the reality. Giving them 30% of my life/health/annuity sale commissions, and 50% of my P&C commissions, along with transferring all existing business to them, and not seeing it again if I resign or die, is not my cup of tea. Access to over 100 carriers isn't worth that price, IMO.