What's the deal with Health Markets?

candice84

Anybody know whats up with this company? I have no interest in working for them, but a couple of colleagues have gone to work for them. With the promise of "free leads and no chargebacks." To me that just screams scam.

What did your friends say was the reason(s) they took a job? Why would you believe it is a scam? Btw, I am not an employee, nor ever intend to be one, just asking.

Just that he wanted to spend more time with his kid, and work from home more part time.
The company doesn't have any minimum production requirements.

How much time do you have to read about HealthMarkets? After writing for them for a year some time back, all I can say is don't return their phone calls, don't go to work for them, don't respond to their emails. Google HealthMarkets and read the reasons for the poor ratings. Don't believe the good reviews, mostly written by agents with a huge chargeback if they leave

How much time do you have to read about HealthMarkets? After writing for them for a year some time back, all I can say is don't return their phone calls, don't go to work for them, don't respond to their emails. Google HealthMarkets and read the reasons for the poor ratings. Don't believe the good reviews, mostly written by agents with a huge chargeback if they leave

The bad reviews are mostly from guys/gals who didn't know what a 100% commission sales "job" is like. I'm looking to find some reviews from experienced agents who joined up with Healthmarkets for the product lines and product support. Also, if they get to keep their book of business.

I started working with a local agency on November 1st. I'm resigning tomorrow. Over the past 28 days, I've learned that the up-front promises didn't match the reality. Giving them 30% of my life/health/annuity sale commissions, and 50% of my P&C commissions, along with transferring all existing business to them, and not seeing it again if I resign or die, is not my cup of tea. Access to over 100 carriers isn't worth that price, IMO.

HealthMarkets does not offer FREE leads. When you start they will give you a lead list of B leads and then when you make a sale they want you to contribute 20% of the sale in which they will match half so $20 gets you $30 in leads. Mandatory weekly meetings, Mandatory Monthly meetings. They run HM like you are an employee even though you are 1099. They use an app and monitor your activity and you hear from your sales leader too much. Their business is hiring agents and they get a slice of the pie off your work. Strict non-compete. I hear they were recently purchased from United Healthcare and commissions are dwindling.

[QUOTE="AllenChicago, wrote:The bad reviews are mostly from guys/gals who didn't know what a 100% commission sales "job" is like. I'm looking to find some reviews from experienced agents who joined up with Healthmarkets for the product lines and product support. Also, if they get to keep their book of business.

I started working with a local agency on November 1st. I'm resigning tomorrow. Over the past 28 days, I've learned that the up-front promises didn't match the reality. Giving them 30% of my life/health/annuity sale commissions, and 50% of my P&C commissions, along with transferring all existing business to them, and not seeing it again if I resign or die, is not my cup of tea. Access to over 100 carriers isn't worth that price, IMO.[/QUOTE]
My manager at NASE (a division of HM) was divorcing his wife but did not disclose to upper management while he was commuting from North Carolina to Maryland to work his office. His 2nd in command prescreened every lead and took the sales of anyone who returned his call, he then distributed what was left. The 2nd in command TOLD me to write my family for health insurance, stop payment on the check, and accept the commission knowing I would be hit with a chargeback in 30 days but getting me the advance. His mistake was spelling his scheme out in an email which I used against HM when they decided to try to hit me up for chargebacks when I left. They also decided it was in their best interest not to Vector me because I had the emails. Their insurance was crap, their management was crap, and their home office support was crap.

HealthMarkets does not offer FREE leads. When you start they will give you a lead list of B leads and then when you make a sale they want you to contribute 20% of the sale in which they will match half so $20 gets you $30 in leads. Mandatory weekly meetings, Mandatory Monthly meetings. They run HM like you are an employee even though you are 1099. They use an app and monitor your activity and you hear from your sales leader too much. Their business is hiring agents and they get a slice of the pie off your work. Strict non-compete. I hear they were recently purchased from United Healthcare and commissions are dwindling.

Sounds like an American National gig I got roped into in 1994. I stayed maybe 2 months before walking out and never looking back.

Yes , they r owned by uhc now who dishes their leads to them after uhc phone rep cant sell them uhc for whatever reason.

Back