what's the deal with maternity?

Hey - it's not my E&O on the hook when GR's maternity cap doesn't play out the way you expected. But you've been in the biz much longer than me so you can afford an attorney to defend you.

I'm fine - I don't cap my female clients on maternity benefits.

I always find it amazing that when "professionals"... the alledged very best of this business... buy into mixing "healthcare services" with the PAYMENTof healthcare services.

I can't beleive how many of you take the position, subtle thought it might be in some cases.... that somehow people are "entitled" to insurance... which by the way is simply the mechanism that SOME people use to pay for medical services.

Do you rugged individualists, living the American dream and paying for your B'mers through this great capitalist concept called commission... really beleive that we're all (US Citizens.... we'll leave the (pc= undocumented workers out of this for now) supposed to get healthcare or health insurance provided for us?

Perhaps rethinking the real purpose of insurance might be in order...

......hmmm...told myself 7 years ago to give up on this conversation.... it's a lost cause.... but I keep banging my head against the wall.... Good grief it's like talking to a liberal about Obama..... anybody home?

If someone is uninsured and gets pregnant in Texas they go on Medicaid with no income requirements - so why even bother being responsible? Not that there are any good maternity options in Texas anyhow (and GR cap is $2500 now, not $4000 in TX at least).

I recommend Medicaid to everyone, I call it the Obama plan.

LOL...

banging my head against the wall

I liked your old avatar. Maybe you need to reinstate it.

uninsured and gets pregnant in Texas they go on Medicaid

Likewise in GA.

They can have insurance, drop it, and still qualify.

Something is terribly wrong here.

Back