What's up with Wellcare PDP?

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Client, age 72, Part B effective 3/1/2019. Enrolled online with Wellcare.

Today got a note saying he would be subject to LEP since he did not have creditable coverage for 7 years. They said he could call if he had questions.

So he did.

Transferred 5x to different people, none spoke English as their native tongue. Last one said his application was voided and he would have to apply again.

He submitted 40-B and L564E to SSA to enroll in Part B. Accepted, no problem.

What's up with these Wellcare bozo's? Why can't he submit 40-B and L564E to them as proof of creditable coverage? And why the hell did they void his initial application?

Need some help here. How do you deal with such incompetence?

Transferred 5x to different people, none spoke English as their native tongue.

Need some help here. How do you deal with such incompetence?
Was it a call center in India? You'd think these companies would make sure they had somebody answering the phone that could speak English. It gets me how sometimes English is the SECOND choice on the menu. Push 1 for Spanish...push 2 for English. :err:

Probably Philippines.

But the real question is, why did some bozo say his application is voided? WTF?

Was it a call center in India? You'd think these companies would make sure they had somebody answering the phone that could speak English. It gets me how sometimes English is the SECOND choice on the menu.

I have no idea where this call was routed to. Howver, the call center I was raging about a few months back when I worked there very part time during AEP (as they took one of my contracts when I was assigned to another account and it took months of fighting to get it back) now has Wellcare PDP as one of their new accounts.

Good luck to them and good riddance. They lost the account they screwed me over on. No idea if it had anything to do with the grievance I filed or not but they shut down that telesales department. I know from reading the Forum that Welllcare PDP is a hot mess.

They're using non-licensed customer service agents in the US for the Wellcare account and maybe their call center in Alaskaland, Phillippines. Let's see how long the party lasts.

When I signed up for Medicare I had to do the same drill at SS office for Part B and PDP.

After signing up for Part B, I then got the "penalty unless" letter from SilverScript. I too was a bit confused about "why"? but apparently the PDP plan carriers have to check independently for some reason.

The difference in my situation and your client's is that I was able to substitute a phone call to SilverScript for the paperwork. I don't remember any particular difficulty with the phone call.

Much different scenario than the Wellcare stuff you are describing.

My agent told me I was on my own for my change to Cigna this year, but I've not had any trouble so far and I've watched my Cigna mail and Social Security check information carefully. I did notice in my agent's last newsletter that his office too is experiencing a significant outbreak of problems with Wellcare. That doesn't solve your problem(s), but it does confirm that it is not just your clients and your state.

I commonly see these attestation letters go out to people who retire late. Most times it goes without issue, They just need to call and verify prev cov, or fill the form and send in.

The only issue I ever had was a client that did not get a letter from Aetna till, after the deadline, This person had to appeal through another organization, called Maxumas I think

Shame they have to call to clueless cust service reps that can't speak the language.I am sure there will be more issues with them

After seeing the form I told him to mail it in. He is not the first to complain about #WellcareNoService.

Probably won't be the last.

If they can't handle things now what will they do when they try to absorb Aetna?

Back