What's up with Wellcare PDP?

So the application into the PDP isn't voided after all? I'm assuming you used the SEP for loss of employer coverage to do the enrollment. Also, qualifying for an SEP to enroll for Part B by showing continuous employer coverage isn't related to showing proof of (or verbally attesting to it) Part D creditable coverage. There are different standards for "creditable" for Part B enrollment and Part D LEP avoidance which is why the carrier really can't accept any of the SSA documents. Submitting the letter asking for the creditable coverage history should solve any issues here.

My issue with Wellcare is they appear to be incompetent.

Yes, I do realize there are different standards for B vs D. Given the challenges with Wellcare I am not satisfied they will get anything right. This is not my first encounter with them, just one that makes you go "huh?".

Group carriers normally issue a letter of creditable coverage that is used for Part D. This client is wound tight and I am trying to smooth it out for him with the least frustration for both of us.

I found something a few days ago that seems to indicate the client can do direct to Medicare on this issue. Seems that cutting out the carrier is the path of least resistance.

My issue with Wellcare is they appear to be incompetent.

Yes, I do realize there are different standards for B vs D. Given the challenges with Wellcare I am not satisfied they will get anything right. This is not my first encounter with them, just one that makes you go "huh?".

Group carriers normally issue a letter of creditable coverage that is used for Part D. This client is wound tight and I am trying to smooth it out for him with the least frustration for both of us.

I found something a few days ago that seems to indicate the client can do direct to Medicare on this issue. Seems that cutting out the carrier is the path of least resistance.

Can't wait to hear how that plays out. Even if you found a CMS source to report this to (which I doubt), the Wellcare clock is still going to be ticking. So if CMS doesn't notify them that the creditable coverage info has been reported and they don't have to collect it, then Wellcare i going to report they never got a response and hit the client with X number of months for the gap and assess the LEP.

Saw an agent friend yesterday who worked at the call center where they recently got the Wellcare Part D account (there may be other call centers as well, idk).

She doesn't know why (she was on another account), but they already pulled the plug on it.

Good times!

Client, age 72, Part B effective 3/1/2019. Enrolled online with Wellcare.

Today got a note saying he would be subject to LEP since he did not have creditable coverage for 7 years. They said he could call if he had questions.

So he did.

Transferred 5x to different people, none spoke English as their native tongue. Last one said his application was voided and he would have to apply again.

He submitted 40-B and L564E to SSA to enroll in Part B. Accepted, no problem.

What's up with these Wellcare bozo's? Why can't he submit 40-B and L564E to them as proof of creditable coverage? And why the hell did they void his initial application?

Need some help here. How do you deal with such incompetence?

Mostly breathing exercises....

Back