Whats working for Marketing? How is Fisher effecting your business?

ronmurrey

Expert
How is everyone marketing these days? How many legs to your marketing do you have? What seems to be working and what isnt? How has Fisher effected your business?

I will reply since no else is. Marketing is always changing. Gone are the days that I could spend $1000 on a newspaper insert and fill a room for an event 2 separate days. After moving to direct mail to fill rooms- I used to mail 7500 people for seminars via direct mail but now the FMOs are saying one needs to mail 10k to fill a room. It has become a challenge to turn a first year profit on seminars with commission down (even at my comp levels) and seminar cost up and consumer perception of free dinner seminars as it is. I also teach a college course at a well known college in town and have do so for 4 years now. Zero clients from the effort but I continue to work on this leg since it is practically free. In regards to "legs" or marketing campaigns this is another area of disagreement. I understand that it is important to diversify efforts and all FMOs will suggest this but it is not always doable. It is difficult to master one marketing method let alone 4 or 5. Outsourcing the efforts to FMOs usually or speaking from experience tends to not work well. I could write a 10,000 word dissertation (based on experience) on this topic but I will stop here.
Fisher effect: usually overcome with a simple conversation. I tell people his intent and the reason he doesn't want people to buy annuities. very easy to overcome when the products are used as a bond or cd alternative. As far as I know I have never lost a sale due to his propaganda BUT perhaps I have and just don't know it.

Thanks jasperjohns. How is Florida? Lived in Tampa in 2016.
Florida is good besides the red tide. What state are you in now and how different is the insurance biz in your state? Are lead costs less so to better response rates? Are seminars easier to get people to? Is it easier to sell and retain clients due to less competition?

Fisher is not sincere when he talks about annuities. Other well-known advisors do the same thing.

There is a video with Fisher and Jim Cramer...
Fisher says fixed annuities are fine, it's the variable annuities he doesn't like.
----

Reactions: DHK
Advisors who are biased towards managed money flat out lie and speak half-truths about annuities. They are not objective and don't give the whole story on annuities.

They charge their very high fees for something you could do yourself for free. It's a rip-off. These advisors either stock-pick or just index invest, both of which you do yourself for free.

Only people who don't know anything about investing use high-fee advisors because they feel "safe". And then the market crashes and they lose 30-40%, as has been the case with very well-known advisors. What a JOKE!

Annuities threaten their business, so they bad mouth their competition.

It's like when Apple did those commercials bad mouthing Microsoft (Apple guy vs. Microsoft guy).

Annuities are not good or bad. Investments are not good or bad. Fees are not good or bad. Etc.

It depends on a person's situation as well as the specific product or investment.

I'm ending this post now because I could write pages about the hypocrisy of "fee-only" advisors who charge high fees and lie about annuities.

Fisher says fixed annuities are fine, it's the variable annuities he doesn't like.

That's true. His Annuity Insights completely bashes variable annuities... and why not? There's a ton of money out there in them AND they do have high fees and costs, etc.

I'd post it, but it's too large for the forum.

LI and Direct Texting to potential clients seem to be working better than anything else right now. Instagram is a close 3rd.

As for Fisher, He's just trying to put more fees in his pocket. In my experience when one attacks another person or entity, sooner than later that person suffers the consequences - and I view Fisher no differently. Some call it Karma. I call it reap what you sow.

LI and Direct Texting to potential clients seem to be working better than anything else right now. Instagram is a close 3rd.

As for Fisher, He's just trying to put more fees in his pocket. In my experience when one attacks another person or entity, sooner than later that person suffers the consequences - and I view Fisher no differently. Some call it Karma. I call it reap what you sow.
What is "LI"? And with direct texting are you texting prospects whose numbers you already have or are you buying lists that have cell phone numbers, or something else?

Back