What's Your Favorite Way of Doing It?

briko3

Guru
1000 Post Club
OK, get your mind out of the gutter. Do you ask for referrals? If so, what's your favorite way of doing it?

I do it during a biyearly phone call. I ask how everything is going and if anything has changed that they would like to talk about. Then when I find that they are still happy I ask them if there's anyone else they know that I might be able to help the way I've helped them.

I'm interested in seeing how you guys do it.

I sucked at it, now I'm getting better. I explain the work I do upfront and how I get paid, part of which is introductions.

"Mr. Prospect, my business is a relationship business, I rely on on introductions from my existing clients to find new people to work with. If you are happy with the work I do and decide to become a client, I have a low key process that makes it easy for people to introduce me. If you are comfortable with the work I do and the low key process, would you be open to introducing me to a few other people you know that fit the criteria I'm looking to meet?"

If you lay the ground work up front, it's much easier on the backend. I have them write a short note of introduction on my brochure which I mail the names I receive. I typically get the names and bring up the discussion in the delivery meeting, preferably over lunch or breakfast.

This thread is not about what I thought it would be about!

Crap!!!

Don't we talk about Insurance Enough already...

My fav way of doing it is slowly!

Get out the phone book....find out who their neighbors are and ask about the neighbors......ask them for a referral to their neighbors.

Ask about their lives.....who is their doctor, lawyer, landscape guy.

Ask about their lives.

If you ask if they know anybody that you can help they will often look at you blindly or give you the old I need to think about it.

If you ask questions about the people in their lives, like neighbors, co workers, doctors, etc they don't have that blink look on their face.

Think about it if someone asked you for a referral you would have to give it some thought........and you would probably never give a referral.

OK, get your mind out of the gutter. Do you ask for referrals? If so, what's your favorite way of doing it?

I do it during a biyearly phone call. I ask how everything is going and if anything has changed that they would like to talk about. Then when I find that they are still happy I ask them if there's anyone else they know that I might be able to help the way I've helped them.

I'm interested in seeing how you guys do it.

The first fifty agents to call me will get a free copy of my "Tiger Woods Referral System Explained " or up to three hours of consultation on how to sell med supps. Your choice. A bargain at half the price.

:cool:

Back