What's Your New Commission Based On?

TonyC

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi All,

Reading over some of these threads....got me to thinking (sometimes a dangerous thing).

What portion of the EXCHANGE premium will be commissonable?

Will the gov's portion be commissionable or just the Insured share?

ex

• 500 prem
  • 400 from gov
  • 100 from insured
  • your 8% comm----equals $8!
jesus...hope its not that amount???

Hi All,

Reading over some of these threads....got me to thinking (sometimes a dangerous thing).

What portion of the EXCHANGE premium will be commissonable?

Will the gov's portion be commissionable or just the Insured share?

ex

• 500 prem
  • 400 from gov
  • 100 from insured
  • your 8% comm----equals $8!
jesus...hope its not that amount???

Every company CAN BE different, Tony. The components of the overall premium used in commission calculation is up to each individual company...just like it is today.

There is one health company I've written for that deducts the PPO fee, monthly service fee, and a couple of other things out of the premium before paying their (to quote them) "generous" 15% commission. The larger the family, the more $$$ was subtracted from the commissionable premium!

Sooo.. bottom line is that you need to SEE THE AGENT CONTRACT or COMMISSION DOCUMENT of the company before you know the dollars you'll be paid on a given gross premium amount.
allen

There have been numerous threads with worries that we wouldn't get paid on the government subsidy amount. But so far, no carrier has indicated that, and many carriers reps have said it would be the full premium.

However, the word "premium" is important. All those taxes and fees that PPACA added may be non-commissionable.

Here in California, if I sell in the exchange, my commission is based on the entire premium. I can't speak for the other 57 states.

I think they will pay on All premium. The insurance company is getting the full premium just some is from the govt and some from the consumer. How is this any different than a 0 premium med advantage as far as commission is concerned we get paid when the consumer pays nothing

Back